Bookings handled by manager - owner wants to check calendar

K161
Level 1
Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Bookings handled by manager - owner wants to check calendar

We have an Airbnb flat and bookings are handled by a 3rd party / manager. As owner we would like to check when the unit is booked. Is there a calendar that we can access or failing that is there a way to receive copies of all e-mail communication? Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @K161 

Yes absolutely you should have full access to your listing.

What should have happened is that when you started your STR business is that you set the listing up under your profile for Airbnb and then added the third party managing your property as a cohost. Under the listing you allocate the commission you pay to the cohost.

In that way you have full access to the calendar, payments and understand how the property is managed. And the cohost has the full access they need to manage the listing for you.

However some unscrupulous cohosts set a hosts listing up under their profile so they keep your reviews and ratings.

You need to check your contract and have a discussion with your cohost. The least you should have is that they add you as a cohost to your listing so you can see how its being managed.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@K161 

@Helen3 is right that cohosting is a good way to do it. However, many property managers list your property under their own company on several platforms, and then invoice you every month as guests come and go. I had this arrangement for 4 years, before I decided to manage my properties on my own.

In my case, the property manager had a website on which I was able to view booked guests, dates, revenue, past invoices, current calendar, etc. If your property manager doesn’t have such a website, you could go to the listing on Airbnb and/or other platforms as a guest and view the calendar, so that at least you can see your property’s current occupancy.