FORT LAUDERDALE

Ruben484
Level 2
Brandon, FL

FORT LAUDERDALE

My wife and I are FL residence and we are new to Airbnb and are curious as to what Fort Lauderdale requires us to have to be able to host here. We are doing are best with research but come across only so much information. 

From our understanding, our rental must be registered annually, and the fee for it is $350.00. Now, it says for up to 4 rental under the same roof. Does that mean we are only able to have a max of 4 units in Fort Lauderdale, or does that mean that we can have has many properties but only up to 4 units per property?

We also read that we must require a business license and pay anywhere from $78 - $236 depending the time of year it is. Is this true?

We would love help and would also love to network ***

Thank You!

**[E-mail address removed - Community Center Guidelines]

3 Replies 3
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Ruben484 ! Welcome to Airbnb and to the Community Center. 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To understand what STR regulations apply in your area @Ruben484  you would need to read the STR guidance available on the Fort Lauderdale local government website.

Shayla23
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi Rueben,

You need a county license, city license and a state license.  You can have more than 4 properties as vacation rentals.  And I believe you can have more than 4 under the same roof.