Goa Tourism Registration for Airbnb Hosts

Answered!
Nash66
Level 2
Varca, India

Goa Tourism Registration for Airbnb Hosts

Hello, Just wondering, from what i have been hearing, it is now mandatory to register your rental (Apartment/Bungalow) with Goa Tourism. Does anyone have a clue as to what the requirements are clearly and how to go about the same. Any assistance is much appreciated

Thank You

Nash

1 Best Answer
Rohan83
Level 2
Panaji, India

The rules have now changed. In accordance with 'Ease of doing business', a lot of requirements have been discarded ( since May 2022).

So one has to log in to the goaonline site from the Government of Goa, and click in the tourism department link. There you will find how to go about and register your home as either homestay ( if the guest lives with you in your house) or as guest house ( if the guest lives in your independent villa without your presence).

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14
Divinia0
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Hello,

I have the same question. I'm new to hosting in Goa and any help / guidance with regards to the legal formalities would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Divinia

It sound complicated need to register and get NOC from different authorities 

Same issue wt me as well. It’s but complicated 

@Avinash29 @Divina0 @Rohan83 Do we have any information? I am very new to this and have questions about it. Can someone provide any link or some document that we can follow?

Angela2413
Level 1
Goa, India

I too am looking for the registration process but have been unsuccessful.  Can anyone help.  

Harish15
Level 2
Chennai, India

Hi @Nash66 @Angela2413 @Divinia0 I'm a little late in getting to this post, but would like to hear from you if you've been able to get any details about registering with Goa tourism. I did my research and found that these regulations are applicable only for homestays, meaning that if you're staying in a property and would like to host tourists in the same property, you need to register with Goa tourism.

In case either of you has come across any more regulations, I'd request you to drop a message on this community for others to benefit by the information.

Thanks!

Adrian232
Level 2
Candolim, India

Yes its necessary to register with Goa Tourism !! Panchayat(trade license)!!

,Fire brigade,Pollution control board,and Tourism dept ....

RoqPcez-Villa0
Level 1
Mumbai, India

Hi everyone. Is there any update or further info on how to proceed in getting registered with Goa Tourism? I am quite new to hosting and looking for help please. I have no idea on how to go about. Would appreciate some inputs. Thanks 

Rohan83
Level 2
Panaji, India

The rules have now changed. In accordance with 'Ease of doing business', a lot of requirements have been discarded ( since May 2022).

So one has to log in to the goaonline site from the Government of Goa, and click in the tourism department link. There you will find how to go about and register your home as either homestay ( if the guest lives with you in your house) or as guest house ( if the guest lives in your independent villa without your presence).

Hi Rohan, 

Hope you are well. Thanks for the information, however these options for homestays are not available. I would appreciate if i could receive a little help with the same. 

Could you please email me at

**[E-mail address removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Rohan83,

While I'm totally new to this game, I'm in the process of setting up my home for short term rentals on Airbnb. 

While I understand that they only require two documents now, can you run me through the process if you've understood it we'll?

As far as permissions from the Goa Tourism department goes, would it be easier and more convenient if I visited their office in South Goa to expedite the process? That way, in case there is errors in my application, that can be rectified immediately.

Your advice and assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi  @Akhnaten0

You don't need to visit any office. The process is fairly simple, and it would not be much of a hassle even if you get it wrong the first time.

At the most, you can get it solved by a phone conversation. There's  a number mentioned on their site.

Just follow the instructions that are mentioned on my first comment. And let me know where exactly you get stuck.

Cheers, 

Rohan

Many thanks for your timely response @Rohan83

And yes, I shall keep you posted in case I have issues.

Salut.

Hi Rohan,

I did apply online. However, it's been rejected the first time as their email says there's a mismatch in address/improper ownership document.

Their system only accepts one jpg scan of each of the documents required, which makes it a wee bit difficult.

I have a possession letter and purchase agreement with the first three pages. 

How does one proceed further?

Is it possible if I can bother you with a call?

Many thanks

🥺