Has anyone had to chargeback a stay on their credit card?

Answered!
Anne545
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Has anyone had to chargeback a stay on their credit card?

I am currently in Mexico. I made a reservation to stay for a month.  When I showed up the host was trying to extort me for cash only payment to have access to the facilities.  I didn't bring cash with me.  I am here for medical reasons and only brought a credit card.  At any rate, you can't ask a guest to pay you additional money especially in cash for any reason.  I contacted Airbnb on the phone.  They said I could leave and would be refunded in 24 hours.  It has now been 3 days and my calls and messages to Airbnb have gone unreturned. I still haven't received a refund.  The stay was for over $2700.  I am a bit worried since I was told by customer service over the phone I could leave and get a refund.  She said she would send me a follow up email and never did.  I really want Airbnb to handle it as they should and protect me but I am debating contacting my credit card company.  Has anyone experienced this?  How long did you have to wait for help?

1 Best Answer
Anne545
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Just a follow up in case anyone has to deal with the same thing. Airbnb did get back to me after 4 days.  I did end up getting a refund.  They offered me a discount to find something else but after 4 days I had already booked something else so it didn't help.  I really hope Airbnb actually starts dealing with these situations when they happen.  4 days later when you are stuck in another country is really not acceptable, but I appreciate them at least recovering my money from the host.  

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Anne545
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Just a follow up in case anyone has to deal with the same thing. Airbnb did get back to me after 4 days.  I did end up getting a refund.  They offered me a discount to find something else but after 4 days I had already booked something else so it didn't help.  I really hope Airbnb actually starts dealing with these situations when they happen.  4 days later when you are stuck in another country is really not acceptable, but I appreciate them at least recovering my money from the host.