Is everyone experiencing very few bookings or it is only me...

Sisco1
Level 2
Mombasa, Kenya

Is everyone experiencing very few bookings or it is only me...

Very few bookings recently.... 

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sisco1 

All (travel) restrictions are affecting the hospitality business.

@Emiel1 sure. I hope it will boom again after lifting the restrictions. 

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Sisco1 when is your high season for bookings? All of my bookings usually happen about this time of the year (mainly for summer which my high season for travel) and I have definitely had almost no activity. I’m hoping it will pick up a little bit as more people get vaccinated in the US. I don’t think people are ready to plan far in advance. I did think I would have a huge wave of wedding parties who rescheduled their events from last year but so far there has been none.

December and January are my high seasons. Haven't hosted since March 2020. My calendar is open throughout. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sisco1,

Per government regulations in St. Lucia, we are not allowed to host any guests that have to quarantine.  Add that to the recent travel restrictions imposed by Canada, the UK and the USA, our key markets, we've not had a guest in our guesthouse since March 2020.  Hopefully, things will pick up as more people get vaccinated, and there are more rapid testing facilities available at airports and ferry wharfs.  

@Debra300 am hoping for the best. It will boom again when holidays resume and restrictions are lifted. 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Sisco1 In the UK we can only host the minority of people allowed to travel, which is mainly people who need to travel away from home for work, but also people moving home, or attending funerals. No one is allowed to go on holiday! 

- So I can probably speak for all UK hosts that business is not booming!

I've hosted ONE guest for ONE night this month, January. A working doctor.  (Tho' I've managed 18 nights between 3 other workers from another platform.) This is probably where I have an advantage as a private room host of budget rooms. Workers just want a cheap bed, not an expensive whole house that could host a large group.

No one in the UK knows when we will be allowed to go on holiday again, not even within the UK. Which probably puts people off  booking! (Tho ' I only open my calendar about 6 weeks in advance, and my holiday bookings are always short notice.) 

@Helen350 if you hv managed a total of 19 nights this month you are better off. Let's hope for the best probably next 2 months as more people are being vaccinated