Lodgify

Jacquline0
Level 2
Kochi, India

Lodgify

Did anyone got on to Lodgify?

We suddenly found out that the "Split Fee" arrangement was gone and ended up paying 15% commission as against the previous 3%.

Had to remove Lodgify from the loop to get back to the 3% scene.

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jacquline0 

If you use external software you will be automatically transferred to "host only fee"

I means you are charged for all fees (so you need to increase your listing price), while in  "split fee" the guest pays the Guest Service Fee and you the Host fee.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1857/airbnb-service-fees

Vanessa1669
Level 3
Claremore, OK

Buyer beware, I've had nothing but a poor experience with them.

Vanessa Mullings

Same. I'm still with Lodgify but only because its a huge pain to switch. They've been super difficult to work with and their platform is complicated.

Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

@Vanessa1669, what kind of issues have you had?  @Jacquline0, any other suggestions?  Thanks for any feedback.  

During the initial stages they shut off my bookings and did not even realize it until I was being negatively affected. When I brought it to their attention they acted like it was nothing and tried to blow it off-integrity is everything. When I asked for a refund they said sorry, no refund. I never went live or benefited from their service in any way.

Vanessa Mullings

@Vanessa1669, did you link your Lodgify website to Airbnb?  It sounds like that can cause problems with the split fee, and then place you in the 15% commission.   I would keep them separate; so they can not affect each other.  You mentioned they shut off your bookings on Airbnb? 

Correct, they shut off my bookings on Airbnb and VRBO "by accident". I won't use them, and will be keeping it separate. They collected nearly $400 for nothing and am now having to pursue my refund through legal channels.

Vanessa Mullings

Good luck.  With the need to increase marketing, since the summer rollout, I'm looking to build a booking site in addition to the OTA's.  I keep all my accounts separate - no syncing calendars or anything.

Gene848
Level 2
Brunswick Heads, Australia

How do you keep them separate without syncing your calendars? Isn't there a risk of multiple bookings at the same time?

@Gene848 , yes, there is some risk of double booking if you use instant book on 2 different OTA's.  Turn instant book off on the least active site.  Then you can accept booking requests on that site, if the dates are available.  Of course you must update your calendars independently and ASAP.   It's good to hear Lodgify is working for you.  I plan to do the same now that the peak season is slowing down.  

I have Lodgify currently and have had a difficult time. But what is this split fee and 15%?  That doe snot sound good at all.

SAME! Lodgify is awful and they had a tremendous negative effect on my business, Cost me a lot of money and time. I HIGHLY recommend AGAINST using them

Gene848
Level 2
Brunswick Heads, Australia

We are on Lodgify and VRBO as well as Air B&B. Our experience with Lodgify has been fine. One good point is that we are getting more bookings through our website/Lodgify, so fees are lower. One downside as pointed out in other messages, is Air B&B automatically switches you from the 3% host fee /15% guest fee to a 15% host fee (and guest pays no fee). So, we've had to figure out whether to increase our fees on our website/Lodgify to balance out the increased host fee.

We've had little uptake from VRBO.

Another issue for us is that Air B&B has now taken away the median pricing/rates guidance. It has just disappeared. I found it helpful to set rates. I think Air B&B has purposely done this, as our rates are now set on Lodgify. They didn't do this initially - we've used Lodgify for about six months now. Has this happened to anybody else? Any ideas on how to get the median rates back?