Mattress recommendations

Answered!
Audrey34
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

Mattress recommendations

I am about to open up a second bedroom to guests and want to add a memory foam queen mattress.

Does anyone have advice on an inexpensive, yet comfortable mattress? Any experience with dreamfoam, bedinabox, zinus, ikea, or similar brands?

1 Best Answer
Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Due to recent comments from guests about the softness or uncomfortability of the bed, we set out to find a replacement.  We visited a few chain furniture stores and warehouse stores.  These offerings were usually disregarded due to price OR a long wait for fulfillment (4-5 weeks).

We ultimately went to a regional mattress manufacturer (there are locations around the midwest and east) who builds the product in-house, has reasonably priced merchandise, and can fulfill the order in 2 weeks.  It was nice to be able to test the bedding (following COVID pre-cautions), view the assembly process since this location contained the factory, and have an attentive salesperson who understood beds and could discuss the pros and cons of each offering.  

Additionally, they have a 10 year warranty, 1 year comfort replacement policy, and stand behind their work.  Your purchase is supporting a local business and if you don't have a store/factory in your area, they ship nationally.

Feel free to direct message me if you'd like more information.  We're excited to replace our rental bed before the end of the month!

View Best Answer in original post

30 Replies 30

What company topper have you used?

@Mal1565 as mentioned in my post above, I have used the memory foam toppers from Ikea with good results. They have washable covers that tolerate high temperature in line with the current hygiene instructions.

Perhaps do a research on how they compare in price to other brands available in your area. 

And of course a waterproof mattress protector.

This is exactly what I do!   And I do it for my own bed.  I am 7 years into this combo, and one of 6 beds is getting complaints.  I went to check it and it seems my bed frame wire is warped, probably kids jumping or something.  Either way the rest of the beds still have good reports.

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center. @Johan1245 

Tetiana12
Level 2
Stryi, Ukraine

We’ve had our Casper for many years now and are still happy with it. To the point that we bought one for our guest room bed.  I suggest that you read this resource **on how to choose the mattress that suits your needs.

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Hi 
Am having a hard time knowing what to buy as a mattress 

was thinking of a hybrid 

can you also let me know if the mattress needs to sit on something other than a frame 

sorry my questions are very basic

but it’s very confusing knowing what to buy that will please 

any suggestions will be appreciated 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Buy what you would like to sleep on in your own home @Margaret1028 and what works in terms of your listing i.e. is it upmarket, hostel type accommodation etc

Here are 13 simple tips https://www.wannacoupons.com/how-to-buy-a-mattress/ you should consider to decide how to buy a mattress.

If you're a student from a developing economy, take a look at our list of international scholarships for students from developing countries.

https://www.scholarshipfriend.com

Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Due to recent comments from guests about the softness or uncomfortability of the bed, we set out to find a replacement.  We visited a few chain furniture stores and warehouse stores.  These offerings were usually disregarded due to price OR a long wait for fulfillment (4-5 weeks).

We ultimately went to a regional mattress manufacturer (there are locations around the midwest and east) who builds the product in-house, has reasonably priced merchandise, and can fulfill the order in 2 weeks.  It was nice to be able to test the bedding (following COVID pre-cautions), view the assembly process since this location contained the factory, and have an attentive salesperson who understood beds and could discuss the pros and cons of each offering.  

Additionally, they have a 10 year warranty, 1 year comfort replacement policy, and stand behind their work.  Your purchase is supporting a local business and if you don't have a store/factory in your area, they ship nationally.

Feel free to direct message me if you'd like more information.  We're excited to replace our rental bed before the end of the month!

@Gregory87 

We are researching mattresses via successful Airbnb hosts. Would love to know the company that you ultimately went with. It’s so confusing and I’m not sure we want to do the memory foam topper🤷🏻‍♀️
Upmarket and 3 rooms. Prefer good mattress & boxspring over platform bed and memory farm.

Thanks!

Bridget & Todd

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrew2450  Advertising spam isn't allowed on this forum.

@Sarah977  does it looks like advertising, iam sharing my opinion just.

@Andrew2450 When someone posts here for the first time, to post a link to a business, and their profile has just been created and is blank, and they show no listings as a host, they are obviously not "sharing an opinion", they are spamming. 

check my blogs at

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines