Monthly rate doesn't match accommodation amount

Kerri245
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Monthly rate doesn't match accommodation amount

Hi I am charging 275 per night, but with a 10% discount for monthly rentals.  Someone wants to rent the place for 33 nights.  The monthly price reflects the discounts (it says 8113 but discounted to 7302) but then the accommodation amount is 9075 with a 908 discount.  i don't understand how monthly rate is 8113 to begin with, then discounted to 7302 but accommodation is 9075.  I must have some settings off.  please advise

4 Replies 4
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Kerri245  Do you have any other fees (cleaning, etc.)?

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello Kerri,

For a guest the accommodation amount does not just include your nightly rate with your discount applied - it also includes the cleaning fee you charge and the Airbnb commission (service fee) which is much higher for guests than the one you are charged. 

In the reservation section you should be able to see what you will earn minus commission but also what the guest will end up paying with all fees included.  Another way of seeing this is by using the "preview mode" on your listing which allows you to see your listing as if you were a guest and you will see the breakdown clearly.

All the best

Joëlle

Hi The accommodation rate is correct, it's the monthly charge above that is incorrect. I ended up speaking with AIRBNB on the phone because one of the people interested in renting questioned my rates. Interestingly AIRBNB rep said that the monthly rate doesn't match the real rate for 31 days because AIRBNB averages the cost of all months (some months have 28 days). I said do you realize that is confusing to consumers and they said that's just how it is. I'm a bit disappointed because it looks like we are trying to hook people with a lower monthly rate. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kerri245 if you highlight the nights in your calendar and then go to the right hand side and click on  'what guest will pay' you will see what the guest pays and what you will get. This may help in your understanding of what is going on.