Overall star rating from guest

Kirsten278
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Overall star rating from guest

Can anyone explain to me how this rating is calculated. Having had a recent guest give 2 x 5 stars, 3 x 4 stars and one 3 star. The overall outcome give me a 3 star. How on earth can this be calculated as an average 3 star. If anyone has the answer to this I would love to know.  Thanks

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kirsten278 guests rate things like location and value and cleanliness but it is ONLY the overall rating that is used to determine the rating of the listing. The overall rating is a category of its own and is not a calculation of the other ratings.

Oh right. So do you mean that they have rated me as 3 stars completely separate to the cleanliness, location etc. Their only comment was about parking nearby but I do explain this in my info. Rather annoying but I guess I have to suck it up!. 

Thanks anyway.

@Kirsten278 if you go into your listing then click insights and then quality you should see the review. If you then click on 'more' below the review you should see the overall and individual ratings appear.

Oh and the answer to your question is YES

OK thanks for your help. Very interesting. Am still new to all of this. 

K x

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Kirsten278  I suppose you are talking about your most recent review. If so then obviously they place more emphasis on parking than on anything else and is something you only have partial control of. Little you can do about such a myopic view; except print a big picture of them, tack it on the wall and use it as a dartboard. 🙂

Kirsten278
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

😂😂👍