Payout not received

Answered!
Josie131
Level 2
Snodland, United Kingdom

Payout not received

I ve been hosting since the 12th April and had a good bookings rate. I set my payout method up a month before and had no reason to think anything was wrong. I am yet to receive any of my payouts and it's mounting up with more and more bookings coming in. I've contacted support several times but they only keep confirming they have sent the payout. I'm being to told to simply wait. I noticed you can't check or amend your payout information. So I added again and set as default for the the last booking and subsequent payout. Still no money and still no support. How can I get the payments team or someone to check where my money is going? I've spent money and it's costing me money to run and am getting nothing coming in from Airbnb. Please can someone point me in the right direction or offer some helpful advise. As I'm now waiting for a  good few hundred pounds. 

1 Best Answer
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Hi @Josie131 

Welcome to the community 😊

If a host is new to Airbnb and receives their first reservation, Airbnb may take 30 days to pay the host.

You may need to keep track of your payout status in transaction history. In my experience, PayPal is the faster payment method. 

It may take a few days to show up in your account after being released.

View Best Answer in original post

127 Replies 127
Alba571
Level 1
Marrickville, Australia

Hi May, did you receive your payouts? I am having the same issues now?

Any advice?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Alba571 

@May1496 @Anita1106 @Rhian104 @Tiana1005 and others

Did you ever receive any email prior to your Payments been Paused?

Or did you simply have a Pop up Notification on your Dashboard, at any stage?

When you contacted Customer Support, did any of you get told they had Telephoned you and left Voice messages that never happened?

I ask because at no stage did I receive any email advising me of Pending Pause of Payments, contrary to the follow up email which I did receive.

I also had a rep who claimed they had called me on 3 different occasions and left voice messages which I have not ever had.

We are paying for this extraordinary inadequate and shabby form of internet telecommunications and other services that are routed into countries that don't have the same standards of infrastructure which is a serious concern when trying to seek answers and adequate support and Resolutions.

How can we as a Community address these problems that keep arising?

@Stephanie @Emilie @Catherine-Powell @Brian 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Helen427 ,

I passed on your concern to the related team and they would have connected with you to share a form. 

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Which Team @Bhumika ?

Are you aware of the fact that as part of Know Your Customer (KYC) It is a legal requirement to factor into account the Nature, Duration, Risk Factors, and type of Relationship, together?

Where is the provision and inclusion for each individual?

Here's a great database with Legal Cases to help us all learn

http://www.worldlii.org/cgi-bin/sinosrch.cgi?method=boolean&query=Know+Your+Customer&meta=%2Fworldli...

Customer Support don't appear to have any training with this, nor is their any recognition in the Template for these issues.

E.G, it prompts 'later' but no other options except a 'Selfie' which is not adequate for AML/ KYC as per below Example of recent Case Law.

The KYC Link you keep getting sent to me is not Adequate, nor is it Fit for Purpose or in compliance with the needs of those who may not have a Driver's Licence ( as an example, some people have Private Medical Information on them that is none of anyone else's business, and that people have a Right to have their Privacy Respected, have you thought about that? ),  or a Passport that is current, and in New Zealand we don't have a National ID card, nor do we have to carry one.

I have raised these serious concerns and the ongoing lack of comprehension as to my situation, and probably many others worldwide, to the appropriate authorities here in New Zealand.

I also request you bring these issues to the attention of Arise Virtual Solutions Ltd, and that @Brian  and @Catherine-Powell , who ABB have contracted out their KYC / Customer Support to so it will be addressed with urgency.

The Template is inadequate and Not Fit for purpose, and unwittingly potentially discriminatory.

New Zealand prides itself on Human Rights equality.

As aside,

Note in New Zealand there's ongoing discussions in relation to the use of Biometrics and 'Selfies' as a form of Identification, as there is in the UK, including with our Office of the Privacy Commissioner who I have in my wisdom raised this challenge for us with.

Maori people have legal rights relating to the use of their Mokos' which ABB and it's contracted agencies must also take into consideration.

https://www.reseller.co.nz/article/700702/privacy-commissioner-takes-deeper-look-biometric-technolog...

May I suggest you also look up these Ongoing discussions worldwide together with the recent cases involving Clearview AI, - our former Privacy Commissioner, John Edwards was involved in that particular well publicised recent legal case, and another recent case involving Coinbase.

https://im.linkedin.com/posts/information-commissioner%27s-office_new-we-have-fined-clearview-ai-inc...

Meanwhile, I have repeatedly explained these issues to Customer Support who are caught in the middle of this.

It's worse than a broken LP going around on scratch.

For nearly 5 years I had absolutely no issues with receiving my payments, as have many others, so please ensure any future correspondence is addressed directly to Payments who should be versant with AML AND Finance regulations.

As an 'existing longer term Customer, those matters must be factored into account.

Thanks in advance for your kindness and understanding.

May we all learn something positive out of this.

@Fraser22 would you please help with this so @Bhumika and others who are new in ABB CC can learn from past experiences of the Problem Product?

Cheers, December 2019 messages!!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Helen427 ,

I am so sorry that you felt this way and wished to help you more.

We were constantly looking into if we could do anything for you. I just received an update that you will get the latest email from [Airbnb Customer Service] requesting some information.

I hope you get your situation resolved after you submit the relevant information.

-----

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Bhumika 

As previously explained, I like many others have been a Verified and Identified Host on Airbnb for nearly 5 years and never experienced such appalling Customer Service, nor have I had acceptable answers in relation to the 'monies owed and stuck and lost in processing Airbnb and 3rd party provider systems'

I expressly contacted ABB Customer Support in relation to Outstanding Payouts in September 2022 when I first became aware of these matters.

I also raised it with my long term Bank here in New Zealand who can't believe this is going on.

If ABB don't know me by now as a Customer despite multiple communications and Geo Location Identification, Reviews and updated Profile  and account they never will get the message through to them.

Meanwhile I've located Legal Decisions that state Payoneer have received Sanctions which may answer the flow on impacts to Airbnb Hosts, why not Guests is unknown.

Why have we Hosts not been advised through Airbnb about this as they are in a Relationship with Payoneer?

It's now at the stage I will be writing to all the Guests who have paid and whose payments have not been released and paid into my account to cancel their Visa and other Payments they have made to Airbnb in Good Faith and which should have been paid out to myself ( As payouts should have been to other Hosts who have found themselves in the same situation) within 24 hours as agreed in Terms of Service and has previously not been an issue.

Not once have Customer Support Ambassadors helped in doing a Trace of where our Payouts are, nor put us into contact with ABB Finance/ Payouts which should have been undertaken when I first raised this matter back in September 2022.

@Stephanie @Quincy @Emilie @Brian @Catherine-Powell 

@Sybe @Airbnb @Jenny @Francesca @Noriko 

Bec3394
Level 3
Auckland, New Zealand

Your replies are just the same as the CS team. What are you actually doing for people not being paid?

Badre9
Level 2
Polk City, FL

I m experiencing the same problem here from Orlando Florida,  hosting since 2014 never an issue with super host status and 5 stars reviews.

Until Dec they asked me to update my business information and from that day it has been nightmares.  No one can explain why I'm not receiving my payouts neither giving me a correct answer.  I call the support every day but no resolution they just keep telling me that they will have to email the special team they are the ones who handles this type of cases  in the other hand I'm still fully booked and they owe me now more than 10k I'm behind on my bills.  Not sure what to do

Ricky224
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi have you received your pay-out ?If yes what did you do co im facing the same issue with airbnb.

yes I have found this to also be our issue, since November 2022......i wonder if the guests are aware that we are not getting our payouts.  we are up holding our end of the booking by honouring the reservation and the client is staying at the property, but AIRBNB is not holding up their end of the agreement by releasing our funds, 24 hours after the client has checked in, this has been on going since 2022

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @West-Coast2 @Shevanne1000 ,

Have you reached out to Customer Support regarding this recently and if possible can you tell us more, about what they said?

I will also put forward your concern to related teams and check if there is any update.

-----

yes i have done that.  each time they ask for the same information, and I provide the same answers.  I am told that it is expedited, but clearly they don't understand the meaning of that word.

this is causing a serious issue with my business, and i do not know how much longer it can continue

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @West-Coast2 ,

I understand the challenges you are facing as a result of such delays.

As per my understanding, you would have received some communication regarding this in a Support thread where you can respond directly.

-----

Customer support is pretty much useless we need to pay our bills

Hi! I have the same issue. As a new host, this really frustrating! I took off my listing. I’ve been passed on to different agents and a lot  of empty promises. It’s like that we are being scammed!