Payout paused

Niña3
Level 2
QC, Philippines

Payout paused

My payout was paused since September, Ive been calling airbnb super host support almost every week and they cant give me an answer. They keep saying call back or we will contact you. I uploaded the Id that they needed. Im losing patience and hope to get my previous payouts. Please help what should I do.

40 Replies 40
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Sorry to hear about this @Niña3 - have you had any updates since you posted here?

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

yes I was able to get my payout I called them everyday!

Zab0
Level 2
Bacoor, Philippines

Hello @Jenny @Emilie kindly assist. I am on the same boat, I was supposed to received it Nov 27, before that date i did receive a msg saying I need to send business documents, to which i comply the same day. I have been calling and sending messages to support ambassadors everyday. They told me to delete then re upload bank details, told me i will receive it on Dec 1st, told me they escalated the case, and told me to update business registration number which all of those mentioned i already did but until now i haven't received it yet 😞 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Zab0

Apologies for the late response! I'm really sorry to hear you've run into some issues with your latest payouts. I've checked with my point of contact within the team - they've confirmed someone is working on this for you, and will follow-up directly with you as soon as possible. 

I hope it's all resolved very soon!

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Zab0
Level 2
Bacoor, Philippines

Hello @Emilie, thanks for replying. Yes, someone called me and just told me that they need to verify my KYC, after two years, it's only now that they're verifying:( initially they're asking for business documents, then re uploading payout methods. Then Dec 17 i received an email saying "Payment issue resolved for reservation..." But still received nothing:( 

I really hope I'll receive my payout before Christmas. 😞 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Hosts

I would like to share my solution regarding my payout issue in hope that this could also solve your problems. 

My payout got stuck like everyone else and I ended up calling the support Centre daily who can’t help except providing me with standard answers and forcefully close my case without solution. It has been very very stressful and I understand what you’re facing right now. Airbnb clearly has a serious flaw on their Host support system especially regarding payment which is the most important since this is our livelihood and the reason why we are doing this in the first place. And worst still, Airbnb being our partner does care to solve our problem when we needed them most. 

This is what I did: 

Existing bank account is (A). I created a new bank account (B) as new payout method, got it approved, make it as default payout method then remove bank account (A). Airbnb will re-route (1 day) all upcoming payments to the new bank account (B). I suddenly received the latest upcoming payment into bank account (B) and then all old outstanding into bank account (B) within 1 day. 

I hope this method also helps all other hosts. And do keep me posted cause I am almost curious whether I am just lucky or this method really works. 

Good luck everyone. 

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @Emilie

I’m having the same problem. I can’t get my payout. Support Centre is not helping and give me standard answers. No one is looking into my case. Can you help me please. I can’t pay my bills and my livelihood is at stake here. 

Dear, can you please help me ? This is what have been happening since 1 month ago:
I received a notification when logged in stating that my payouts will be paused if I do not verify my identity, I click the link and my identity is verified, weird... I think nothing of it.

I get in touch with Airbnb and after weeks of back and forth every single message thread was closed by the representatives and the same message was repeated saying that I must verify my identity, I try to explain that I cannot as it says my identity is already verified and they just closed the thread.

A few weeks later my payouts are paused. Airbnb customer service don't seem to be processing that the issue is not that I have not verified my identity but rather that although it says my identity is not verified when I attempt to verify it loops back to my identity is verified, (confusing right!)

I'm contacting Airbnb everyday and each time I get the same answers, but how can I host guests with no information, no technical possible solution and no valuable response from Airbnb?

I have to pay bills and the cleaning lady’s that help me to
welcome me the guest of Airbnb. How is it possible that they can’t solve this problem. It’s like I’m working for free and my appartment is their appartment because they can’t solve the problem or find a solution to pay my money.

Im very sad by the situation. I have been working very hard to become a super host. I already archive Great commentary and 5 stars and in January I should be a super host but without been pay by Airbnb 😞

What can I do?

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Hosts

@Frainge0  @Helen427 @Y-Altagracia0 

I would like to share my solution regarding my payout issue in hope that this could also solve your problems. 

My payout got stuck like everyone else and I ended up calling the support Centre daily who can’t help except providing me with standard answers and forcefully close my case without solution. It has been very very stressful and I understand what you’re facing right now. Airbnb clearly has a serious flaw on their Host support system especially regarding payment which is the most important since this is our livelihood and the reason why we are doing this in the first place. And worst still, Airbnb being our partner does care to solve our problem when we needed them most. 

This is what I did: 

Existing bank account is (A). I created a new bank account (B) as new payout method, got it approved, make it as default payout method then remove bank account (A). Airbnb will re-route (1 day) all upcoming payments to the new bank account (B). I suddenly received the latest upcoming payment into bank account (B) and then all old outstanding into bank account (B) within 1 day. 

I hope this method also helps all other hosts. And do keep me posted cause I am almost curious whether I am just lucky or this method really works. 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Did any of you by chance have a Guest Review that marked you down immediately prior to 'Paused Payments ' , or a Suspension of any kind immediately prior to or around the time of your Paused Payments?

Or a cancellation part way into a Reservation with a Guest who claimed a Refund in part, because any payments that the Guest has asked for or may be eligible to a refund of will be a trigger?

If so be mindful this is highly probable to trigger Paused Payments.

May I suggest you go back through your reservations and see if any of these issues have triggered a 'Material change' to your Listings and Paused Payments.

@Wt3 @Niña3 @Zab0 @Y-Altagracia0 @Jenny 

Zab0
Level 2
Bacoor, Philippines

Hello Helen, 

Not to brag but i am consistent with good reviews, and doesn't have any issues, cancelation or anything prior to the paused payout. One thing I noticed is that it happened when i have this long term guest. My guest's booking is from Oct-March 2023. I was still able to receive the first payout of October 2022 then they paused it on November.  Because of business activeness documents 😞 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Zab0  Count your blessings you have had a smooth road.

There's always the unexpected challenges in life and no matter how 'kind' one is to others there will always be those who think it's ok to abuse and think it's their right to take advantage of Hosts.

I for one have never permitted filming within my home - we all have the right to Privacy in our homes - yet I had a Guest who the minute they walked into my home started to film without my consent.

They also without my consent and despite my specifically stating not to use my Residential Address as their Address for Service for Banking and Taxation correspondence did so which has implicated me in the mess that they have created.

It's triggered all the nonsense and run around I've been through the last nearly 6 months with KYC and not receiving payments that have been confirmed by subsequent Guests as having been paid to Airbnb,

The Guest concerned also had a 3rd party write a Retaliatory Review a mile long which I had removed as it was in breach of ABB Terms of Service  -  they could barely converse in English and I had had to translate all communications sent to me because it was written in their own language - thank goodness for Translation and the Customer Support team person who helped.

All the best and may we all have appreciative Guests.

Wt3
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @Jenny 

i am having the same issue. I keep calling them but they give me standard responses that we will investigate and call me back. Nothing happens. I’m calling them everyday and I really don’t know what I should do next. Our livelihood is at stake. We have a lot of bills that we cannot pay now. Please help me

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Wt3 

I'm happy to see if we can help you with this too!

Are you able to send me a private message with more information about the missing payouts?

Thanks!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines