Slow season in Dallas

Answered!
Chyniece0
Level 1
River Hills, WI

Slow season in Dallas

Hello everyone, I’m in the process of starting an Airbnb in Dallas. I’m wondering if Dallas has any slow seasons and would this be a good time to start?

1 Best Answer
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

All regions have "slow periods" and I'm sure Dallas has theirs. 

But as a new listing, you can expect that others with a long history will perform better. It's the nature of the business. 

After a year or two with good reviews and ratings, the slow periods will have less impact, although you may need to price competitively during those periods once you've identified them. 

Don't listen to the Airbnb price recommendations. They're always lower than the market price, and being the cheapest tends to attract the least desirable guests. You'll always have to consider your ratings before getting too confident about pricing. 

Once you're established, my rule of thumb is to look at like-for-like listings in the area and price slightly above them. Let them take the price pirates and get booked up. Then your competition narrows significantly, and you generally end up with less problematic guests. 

Good luck and watch your back 😇

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

All regions have "slow periods" and I'm sure Dallas has theirs. 

But as a new listing, you can expect that others with a long history will perform better. It's the nature of the business. 

After a year or two with good reviews and ratings, the slow periods will have less impact, although you may need to price competitively during those periods once you've identified them. 

Don't listen to the Airbnb price recommendations. They're always lower than the market price, and being the cheapest tends to attract the least desirable guests. You'll always have to consider your ratings before getting too confident about pricing. 

Once you're established, my rule of thumb is to look at like-for-like listings in the area and price slightly above them. Let them take the price pirates and get booked up. Then your competition narrows significantly, and you generally end up with less problematic guests. 

Good luck and watch your back 😇