Spanish Tax Reporting - Form 415

Spanish Tax Reporting - Form 415

Hi all,

I rent out a property on AirBnB on Lanzarote in the Canary Islands and I have been told by my Spanish accountant that, as well as the normal tax reporting, I need to submit a Form/Modelo 415 for reporting transactions carried out with companies (i.e. AirBnB) for an amount totalling greater than €3,000, since all the payments are done through AirBnB.  In order to submit the form they would need the CIF number for AirBnB Luxembourg as they issue the payments.

Has anyone else come across this?

I can find no mention of it searching the forums and AirBnB Support had no information on it for hosting in Spain.  I'm beginning to suspect that my accountant may be mistaken in the need to submit this form but I don't have sufficient knowledge to contradict them.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bryan

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Bryan741 ,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center!

You can also take a look at Local Host Clubs near you to connect with hosts living or hosting in the same areas as you.

With their help and previous experience, you might be able to figure out the accurate tax information that you are looking for. 

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

"Contracting party for payment services for users with country of residence or place of establishment in the European Economic Area:   Airbnb Payments Luxembourg S.A.  4, rue Henri Schnadt  L-2530 Luxembourg   Company Identification Number: B230618  Directors: Thomas Belousek, Marc Hemmerling, Bart Rubin and Sam Shrauger   The company Airbnb Payments Luxembourg S.A.  is authorized and regulated by the Financial Sector Supervision Commission (CSSF) with reference number Z21." -https://www.airbnb.es/about/company-details

Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

@Hello6 wrote:

"Contracting party for payment services for users with country of residence or place of establishment in the European Economic Area:   Airbnb Payments Luxembourg S.A.  4, rue Henri Schnadt  L-2530 Luxembourg   Company Identification Number: B230618  Directors: Thomas Belousek, Marc Hemmerling, Bart Rubin and Sam Shrauger   The company Airbnb Payments Luxembourg S.A.  is authorized and regulated by the Financial Sector Supervision Commission (CSSF) with reference number Z21." -https://www.airbnb.es/about/company-details

Good luck.  The least favorite part of hosting is the tax preparation and payment.  Hopefully one day soon the EU, Airbnb and other sites can figure out a direct remittance scheme to make it simple and customer direct payment.  For now we still live in ancient / archaic paperwork during a digital revolution.  Good luck 🙂

@Hello6 How could a direct remittance scheme even begin to work when no one other than the hosts knows what the tax deductible costs of hosting are. Airbnb reporting revenues with hosts adding private revenues and tax deductions is the only practical way forward.

An estimated €5 billion in revenues a year could be generated for Member States if the tax is applied at a rate of 3%. - https://taxation-customs.ec.europa.eu/fair-taxation-digital-economy_en

Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

Simple remittance per host per transaction (debate on big players paying 3% so why can't us little guys pay this small amount?) direct to country host is in.  Then this remittance be used as a deductible or against obligations.  It doesn't remove the silliness of having to file taxes and the associated costs but what it could do is significantly lower each hosts expected tax bill AND keep hosts in legal compliance automatically.   Couple this with Airbnb and platforms taking,storing and remitting to authorities the data about guests a country requires and the savings in time, energy and money are significant and the benefits of security are increased significantly as well.