Split Payout % and fix

Davide712
Level 1
Milan, Italy

Split Payout % and fix

Dear Airbnb Comunity,
I'm Superhost since 2012 and a Stockholder of Airbnb because I really believe in the Company and I only want the best and see it grow year by year.
I want to bring the attention about the "split" compensation of the reserve. I think this point is a weak one for the following reason and I would like the people on charge think about it.
1) As we are right now you can only split by percentage, when sometimes people that doesn't own and only work for us (I mean the Landlord of the aptm) they will prefer a fix amount per check in versus a percentage, since they are not investor or entrepreneur but just employee that will prefer get pay with a fix amount per reservation.
2) Second and most important point: as right now the split percentage doesn't count who is in charge at the moment of the check in, but who is in the system at the moment of the reservation, which is not working properly for nobody because the real work and compensation should be made for who works that specific reservation, not who was in the system when the reservation was made, because could be few month earlier and when the person arrive could be replaced with someone else. This leave us with a lot problem on the accounting and management of the money. This year I already have 2 reservation booked from last year, but my new cooperator Andrea can't get direct payment only because the reservation was made before she start to work for me. But she will work that reservation because they are coming after she start to work for me. And what will happen for instance if she quit in the middle of the year but people has already booked the apartaments for the next few month... she will get that money directly from Airbnb even if she will do absolutely nothing for that reservation... you see the problem? Right now people doesn't get paid for the time of the arrival for what they do, but they just get paid for the time when the reservations was get, like if they was the brokers getting the reservation for me... doesn't make sense. The "broker" it's Airbnb it self, people came because this beautiful platform and not because Andrea, Giovanni or whatever is my co-host at the time when customer decide to reserve my aptms.
Please let me know your opinion and if you have any questions I will be happy to explain my point more detailed. I really hope this point can be improved because many people like me as Superhost would like work better with this option without having trouble of missing or exceeding payment.

Best Regards,

Davide**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Davide712 surely if you employ people it is not too difficult to pay them whatever you want each time they do work for you. Personally I am more than happy for Airbnb to concentrate on the basics of providing guests rather than worrying about who gets paid how much as this is likely to vary massively between hosts and Airbnb shouldn't waste time catering for the myriad of possible requirements.