Visibility and growing my business

Visibility and growing my business

Hi Everyone. Im new here. How do I get people to see my listing and start booking

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You research and develop a marketing plan designed with your target guests in mind @Eva2866 

Each and every business needs to setup a decent plan. Then need to start working for it. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Eva2866 

If I knew the secrets of Airbnb's search algorithm, I am sure I would already be a multi-billionaire...

However, I do know that new listings get a temporary boost in the search results, so you should make the most of this by ensuring your listing is as good as it can be.

You definitely need more photos. The listing states two bedrooms, but you only have one photo of one bedroom. You have no photos of the two bathrooms. You can't properly see the kitchen from the angle you have used. The living room and the bed look nice, but everything else looks a bit sparse.

Also, take your photos in landscape (horizontal), not portrait (vertical) format, because Airbnb uses landscape in the layout and your photos will be cropped weirdly otherwise. Interior photos tend to look better in landscape anyway, unless they are detail shots, as you see more of the room. Unless the views are ugly, open the curtains/blinds and let in as much natural light as possible when you take the photos. I have had three professional photographers photograph my house and all of them used mostly natural light. Some photos of the neighbourhood or local attractions might also help, if there are things nearby that are visually appealing.

Once you have taken more photos, make sure you use the most attractive one for your first image, but also pay attention to the next four, as the first five photos are the ones that show on the listing landing page. Be sure to show different areas and amenities in these five shots.

You have a very brief listing description. Add more detail to the description and location sections. Have a look at other listings in your area, especially the ones that seem to have full calendars and lots of recent reviews and see how they do it.

Hope that helps!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Eva2866 

Did you take up airbnb offer for 20% discount on your first 3 bookings? if not it's to late you cannot go back to it,

You need to do some research in to your competition certainly how they describe their listings and their rates, 

Maybe spend some time on YT look for videos on how to setup your airbnb,

Your photo's there is not enough and you need to start again they are not good enough needs more natural light, find out in your area what is the best time of the day to take photo's or find a guy who can do for you,

I also have an idea to grow my business worldwide. I will set up a new business soon. Thank you!

Lala89
Level 3
Houston, TX

The key thing is really optimizing your listing to ensure that the pictures are captivating, and the descriptions are clear. Even all of that does not guarantee that you end up on the first page unfortunately. 

Perhaps, you can offer a discount rate to attract your first couple of bookings.