Where do you pay TOT taxes for Los Angeles County?

Mackenzie99
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Where do you pay TOT taxes for Los Angeles County?

Hi there! I am a new host to AIRBNB and I was surprised to find out that Airbnb collects 14% tax, and gives it to you as a pass through payment for me to pay myself. I tried calling airbnb to ask where to pay this, and they have no answers for me. Is there someone that lives in Los Angeles County that can help guide me as to where to pay this 14% and how often I need to be paying it? Thank you for your help! 

1 Reply 1
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Mackenzie99 ,

Welcome to the Community Center! I was able to find some information regarding this in a Help Center Article : 

Airbnb currently does not collect the County transient occupancy tax. More information about the County transient occupancy tax is available on the County's FAQ page.

You can have a detailed look here in the third last paragraph ''Taxes'' of the following article: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/864.

As the article is generic, if any confusion persists, you can also ask your query to area-specific hosts by joining  Local Host Clubs near you to connect with local hosts. I hope this helps.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines