calendar syncing

Claire1614
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

calendar syncing

Hi,

I currently have my Airbnb calendar syncing with Booking.com and Holiday lettings. It has all been working fine, up until yesterday. I received a booking on Booking.com, but it is still not showing on my Airbnb calendar. I have tried several times clicking on the manual sync button but i keep receiving an error message. I have tried trying to export the booking.com calendar again, in case there is a glitch with the link, but no change. The error message reads, 'error performing request, please try again.' I have contacted the support centre, but they told me it must be working both ways as the booking was registering on my booking.com calendar...but that doesn't make any sense, as the booking was made on booking.com, so of course it is registering on my booking.com calender. 

Has anyone any suggestions, as I'm finding it a little frustrating - up until now I have been relying heavily on the automatic syncing, rather than having to manage putting in the dates to other calendars manually.

Thanks,

Claire

21 Replies 21
Dean773
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

I am having the same issue with the calendar sync on ABNB. I have two listings and when I try to manually sync either, I get the following error: "Error performing request. Please try again." This has always worked fine, so something is up on ABNBs side... 

I have the same problem. When I try manual sync I get: "Error performing request. Please try again." 

Aunda4
Level 1
Galena, OH

I just listed my condo on Airbnb it is already on VRBO with many bookings.  I am worried I am going to double book.  It did say it would be 24 hours before would be seen but now it says live.  What should I do to stop bookings?  I don't want to lose all the work I done by deleting.

ABB support told me to manually block my ABB calendar for any bookings I have on other platforms that came in since the issue started.  

Stacey114
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

They told me to do this also.  I explained that I have 30 bookings through December for one property...........I would take all day and the opportunity for error is too great.

I had synch issues too and have relied on ical synching for years. Every time there’s any failure it’s a disaster.

This is beyond concerning because during the hot debate currently going on about Airbnb’s upcoming TOS change this was in Catherine Powell’s commentary as some sort of assurance… 

1534F575-F95B-492A-8709-3C7DC4052C02.jpeg

Friday night I was told by my tech person that Airbnb was “throttling” my site that condenses the ical view for the cleaners to see. 

Me too, I'm getting "Error performing request. Please try again." message.  If I get double booked then its AirBnBs problem, I'll just cancel it and tell the customer how useless AirbnB is.

Sync now working again.

Courtney172
Level 5
Des Moines, IA

I have 8 properties on ABB, and they're all doing this with all 4 synced calendars each. I called ABB and they said it's a known issue.  Quite an issue.  I found out because of a double booking.  Thanks,  ABB.

I just checked and it's still erroring on all 4 calendars per property.  Awesome. 

Same here... 

Courtney172
Level 5
Des Moines, IA

@Stephanie can an admin get on this thread and update us? I'm still getting this error on all 8 properties. When is this going to be resolved? This is a critical issue. See screenshot.Screenshot_20220404-073037_Chrome.jpg

Stacey114
Level 2

Same error message and listing is now paused because I reported it.

Stacey114
Level 2

Yes I am having VRBO syncing errors

1 - I reported it to Airbnb

2 - The rep told me to delete and add it back in.  I paused my listing to do this so there were no double bookings 

3 - It did not sync or take I still receive an error message

4 - Now my listing is permanently paused and not searchable

5 - The next two reps said that was very bad advice and they have been receiving calls all-day

6 - 24 hours later still no resolution and no answers when the listing will be back and sync will work.

@Catherine-Powell please help - Thank you.

I’m wondering  you could use a multi-channel manager to sync you Airbnb and Booking calendars in minutes and automatically update them. As far as I know, Hospitable, iGMS and Hostex are good choices. But if you don't plan to spend money on it, you could give Hostex a try, it's free of charge.