how to find your host id

Colleen393
Level 1
San Diego, CA

how to find your host id

I need a "Host ID" for my city license. Is this the same thing as your property ID? If not how do I obtain a host ID?

11 Replies 11
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

I would clarify with your city.

In my city (Mt Shasta, CA-- USA), the city generates and assigns its own property ID for vacation rentals for the purpose of collecting and tracking tourism & occupancy taxes to the city, which is different from the IDs from various platforms (which are all different for the same property).

Hope this helps,

Lenore

Your user name is Lenore22 on here…maybe that’s it?

Does anyone know if our user name on here is considered the "host ID"?

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

No guys [Heather & Michael] nicks here are comp generated, a random number is added to our AIRBNB NAMES.

2. This is a Community Forum, connected [somehow] to Airbnb but is not Airbnb proper.

3. Any issues you have - we debate/ advice a little here but all are same like you [hosts/ guests] and if you want to contact AIRBNB should be done at Own page.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

It is under your profile it is not your property I’d. It’s so confusing! Not sure why they don’t just ask for our property ID! I called many people to get an answer

Hi @Colleen393 

Yes...It is very confusing!  Some jurisdictions are asking for the Property ID and some the Host ID. From the governmental agency viewpoint, a Host ID will show all properties under your profile, while a listing ID will only show the one listing.  If you have multiple properties in San Diego, the Host ID will show all of your properties (in San Diego or not).

Heather1552
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I’m having the same issue.  New laws in San Diego and they aren’t making it easy!

Hello, 

I am in San Diego too and I am having so many issues, I got the ToT number and now trying to apply for STRO but the city doesn't let me continue the application unless I have already a listing up and running and airbnb doesn't let me publish without the STRO license.  Have you been able to figure it out?

@Romina287 I have the same issue. Did you figure it out?

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi Colleen, as far as I know this is simple;

Click on your profile/ listings and number

is Up there [end of URL] see print-screen for mine.  

Here you have some more infro from Airbnb,

is not your city but still is California

and you might find more info/data here.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/864?_set_bev_on_new_domain=1665529098_ZGM2MTkxNzViOGYw

ID airbnb.png