pay

Simon3539
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

pay

Hi there please if anyone can help, we have various listings on airbnb, the account may have been set up originally in error, i.e under an individua, motherless, we saw an e mail form AIRBNB late early jan requesting confirmation of a few things, we saw the message a few days late and we have not been paid on more than 30 listings sice 17th jan, we are not 1st feb. We have contact Airbnb several times but as everyone is aware you are talking to a call centre in Asai who do not have any say, we have created many threads to get through to airbnb and the response is very fobbing and, do not worry its been escalated to the relevant team.

We rely on this money to pay for rents and bills, wages etc, does anyone have any idea of who we can talk to? any senior people or advise?
Thanks 

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Simon3539 Given that Airbnb are putting more focus on identities of hosts I guess it is not surprising that you have fallen foul of this if the account was set up wrongly in the first place.

There is no escalation route in Airbnb so I guess you will just have to hope that you can sort it out soon. 

I assume with 36 properties you have other routes to market than just Airbnb.

We are pretty booked until March, April, majority with Airbnb. Im not sure if it was set up in correctly, its been paid to a company for many years, provided all relevant UK tax info, im sure it will be resolved but frustratingly there isnt anyone who can help

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As a large management company I hope you aren't just relying on Airbnb to market your business. If you aren't being paid then don't keep your listings open on Airbnb but focus on your other marketing channels until the situation gets resolved.

You might want to also focus on why many of your listings are getting such low ratings as Airbnb may suspend your profile if they remain so low.  @Simon3539 

Simon3539
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Rely or not rely, if you have more bookings from one channel than the other, there is future monies that is owed and you rely on, of course we have stopped until this issue is resolved, my question was not this.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

As you're only allowed to rent in London for up to 90 days for STR then hopefully there will be less impact of Airbnb stopping payments as the majority of your rental income will come from longer stay sources @Simon3539 

I do appreciate how frustrating it must be. What information do they say they need. What's the issue with how you set up the listing that caused them to halt payment? 

Simon3539
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Nearly all are apartments have C1 short let license so this doesn’t impact us, plus if it was down to this I am sure Airbnb will request more info, regardless they can’t withhold funds, all they can do is suspend listings and this hasn’t happened, they are continuing to allow bookings. 
generally I believe they are overwhelmed with new legislation under KYC. We have been Registered as an individual but after two years they suddenly realise the bank name is a company, a stupid mistake that was pretty obvious we are a company. They are not saying much, sadly all staff are the usual robotic staff who keep repeating how sorry they are and they’re send to the relevant team. We finally got the form we had to fill in as requested, it asked us for company name and partners etc. we are outside the EU so rules in the Uk have changed with regards to taxes and VAT so this shouldn’t impact anything. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Simon3539 ,

Hope you are well! A few days back I raised your concern to the team. I hope you have received some information about the issue you are facing!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Simon3539
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Bhumika. We received an e mail early January, we have been working as an individual instead of a business, they requested we click the link to put in business details, very standard. Sadly the link didn’t work and it said all KYC was complete. Suddenly all monies was paused. 17th January. We have called about 200

Times and have created about 1000 tickets and keep talking to the robotic staff Airbnb employs, it’s not staffs fault but sadly they are limited. Main bosses USA, when it comes to money. We have set messages via twitter. We have over 30 listings predominately all booked 85% via Airbnb v other channels, we are still all live on Airbnb and as we speak we are still getting active bookings. If we don’t have a resolution by early next week Wednesday, we will have no option but to open all calendars via other channels and cancel all Airbnb bookings and explain to all customers that this is down to not being paid and most importantly not being provided with feedback. We have been ignored. Can you imagine we run a business, paying office rent, salaries and we depend on this money and for this unknown reason you have stop paying but have continued to allow people to continue booking. Is there an issue? Or does it come down to lack of staff? You work for AIRBNB Canada, great, please send this to the most senior person you have in Airbnb as we have over 700 bookings coming up and we will have to cancel all. No payment since 17th jan. No messages to us. Standard fobbing off someone will be in touch. Wake up please Airbnb you are ruining staffs salaries. 

Hi, I'm in a similar boat, difference being we were already setup as a business so there was no error on our part. Coincidently, our payouts were also stopped exactly from 17th Jan and after countless support chats, there has not even been a hint of acknowledgment of technical error on their end or a seriousness to solve this issue that is created by their own error.

I am also a superhost which means we get priority support on paper but I'll tell you it doesn't work.

Whats your update on this situation and were you able to solve it?

No update. Sadly. I will be reaching out to support over twitter.