payouts

Michael5070
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

payouts

I have been waiting five days for a definitive response to my July 13 phone call regarding the missing $543 payout for a July 1 check-in. It's been over two weeks since I should have received my money. Now, I also have two more issues. I received an incorrect payout amount for a July 10 check-in. The payout should have been $931, but was only $892. Airbnb owes me another $39 for that reservation. And finally, I have not received my $85 Covid compensation.

22 Replies 22

THanks @Katie, to be clear I did get paid for the "missing guest" and it appears in my bank account now too. And i've received my notice from Airbnb that payment for the guest who checked in yesterday has been released -- right on time. This is all great news. 

I still never received any follow up from the support staff, from the many cases I had opened regarding this matter. I think that's pretty weak and needs to be addressed. I've not been a member of this community long (1.5 years), but in that time all my previous experiences with support have been exemplary. And then, this. And the nature of this case, with so many people not responding to me or not doing what they said they'd do, meant I ended up interacting with several different people for this same case.  In other words, Airbnb had several chances to do the right thing on this one. In the end, I had to sit on my hands like everyone else here and it was a very frustrating and helpless feeling. 

I thank the community leaders here and managers such as yourself, but I feel as Superhosts holding up our ends of the bargain with respect to the ABB TOS, we have all been very poorly treated on this one. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Rob430,

Really glad to hear you got your payment correctly in the end.

I completely appreciate what you're saying here - my understanding is that Support have been (and still are) under a lot of pressure, as they are facing some very challenging circumstances as a result of COVID. Of course, there's a lot of room for improvement still, and I think your feedback is great on this point - I'll make sure to pass it on to the team.

If you have any further issues at all then just let me know.

Speaking of feedback, the last two payments still show as "processing" in the transaction history, even tho that money is actually in my bank account. I mean, I'm not complaining about getting paid, but there still seems to be some dysfunction in the payment processing (or reporting in this case). Given the experience of the last week, that's disconcerting. 

Still no callback from support either.

@Rob430  That's been the case for me for a couple of years. Every payout says "processing" for days after it's already appeared in my bank account. I reported it to Airbnb a long time ago, but obviously nothing has changed. 

@Katie 

Hi Katie,

My payout issue is still unresolved. Airbnb is aware of it, as I've had many phone conversations and online messages reporting it. I've been told, repeatedly, that it's been "forwarded to a team member who can better assist me". I've also been discussing it here on the Community message board.

The situation is that a guest extended her stay from 10 days to 14 days. The original 10 days of her trip have been paid for. The extra four days appear correctly in my reservation total, but they do not appear in my transaction history, as upcoming or completed.

I'm encouraged to see that others have had success after mentioning the payout issue in this thread, and I'm hoping that I can be among them soon.

Thanks!

Nancy

Nancy
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jon2761 

Hi Nancy, 

Thanks for the tag and I'm so sorry to hear that your issue is still unresolved. From the sounds of it this is not the same issue that others were experiencing, so this might be why it wasn't fixed by the above update. 

What I'll do is drop you a DM with some specific info on your case 😊

Thanks

Payout Received!

I'm happy to report that after almost three weeks of back-and-forth Airbnb "Help" messages and associated robot responses, phone calls, and hours spent on hold listening to that one song, with my latest phone call having been late this past Thursday night, my payout finally came through the next day!

@Katie  was very kind and helpful as I described my case on this and other threads regarding non-payout issues. She suggested that one possible cause for the delay was that I had too many tickets open for the same issue - a result of my frustration in not getting answers and thus continuing to ask for help. I waited for a few days after Katie's message, but when I still had no resolution I decided to call again. Calling is a pain, but it's still better to talk to an actual person. And I feel fortunate that this has finally been resolved, because we were quite worried we would never see the money.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

Nancy
Fabio1107
Level 2
Miami, FL

Don't try to turn me down, I want my payout now.
I have a Paypal account that airbnb used before and I am waiting for my $315 since December, 2020.
I am about to make a registered complain about it.