renting

renting

i have a apartment in a good place, a lot of restaurants, shops around here, 2 rooms on the 5th floor, but there's a problem that in this that this apartment doesn't have elevator so you have to climb 5 floor to get in, i don't know can i do airbnb with this apartment, the biggest minus is it doesn't have elevator, can you guys give me some advice that should i waste money to renovate this apartment to do airbnb or not, also the money to repair the apartment will be around like ~9k$.

2 Replies 2

@Thành0   The long climb upstairs will put off some prospective guests, but it's OK to list the place on Airbnb as long as you're very explicit about this drawback in your listing. If that high-up positioning offers guests a great view, it might even be an advantage. 

But whether you can get a return on your renovation investment with Airbnb really depends on how much demand there is for your location. Realistically, your target guests are going to be young travelers on a tight budget, so you'd have to price well below hotels or similar homes with elevator access. A luxury renovation would be wasted here, as 5 flights of stairs is a deal-breaker for most people who can afford high-end accommodation. Another thing to consider is local regulations: even if your city's laws don't currently restrict short-term rentals, it's very possible that restrictions are on the way soon because Airbnb is absolutely radioactive in urban politics. 

If the renovation is within your means, and you have a plan B if Airbnb doesn't work out, I'd say go for it! But I'd never recommend putting all your eggs in one basket, especially a basket as unreliable as Airbnb.

Thanks you for the advice, it helped me a lot and opened up for me many things, have a nice day.