November December 2022 Bookings have Stopped Brentwood/Nashville Area

Robin620
Level 2
Brentwood, TN

November December 2022 Bookings have Stopped Brentwood/Nashville Area

1. 😉Good Tuesday, I called AIRBNB Twice, inquiring on Reasons, Why, My Bookings have Dropped to Zero, Effective November 25th.

I've been a Super Host x4 Years. I have the Lowest Price, Listed in Brentwood. With #245 Reviews

This is very concerning.

AIRBNB said, Account is Good & Active. Didn't give any other Info...On , Why, Bookings have plummeted to ZERO

I'm 60, I Rent Out 1 Bedroom w/Private Bath & Live in my home. Cleaning Fee a Low $10 too. I've lowered My Price, Lower than Motel 6 and Still Zero Bookings on Sunday...This is My Income I am Not, a Investor with Multiply Homes, in Nashville Area... Anyone else going thru this in Brentwood/Nashville/Nashville and have Answers Why Bookings has Stopped...

Robin Perry
13 Replies 13
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Robin620The new direction Airbnb embarked upon in May (starting with the Summer Release) of making the visitors to their website locking them into filters appears to have had a real influence on many hosts' booking. The fact that it appears Airbnb bookings are continuing to do well since tells me they will not return to the old format, so it may require for hosts to also now consider other booking platforms.

@Fred13 @Emile1

Would be interesting to see some better stats than just views,

Here in Thailand this year has been amazing one after the other, till next March

Not just me I can see others on airbnb, and In my condo project it is full not saying all airbnb but I think the majority.

Here is all tourist I think the same for you? on an island like me,

Whats the Travel industry like in general like world wide travel? 

Good question. I been dying to find out the overall picture.

@Fred13 

This site seems sensible interesting stats here 

https://www.statista.com/topics/962/global-tourism/#topicHeader__wrapper 

Informative article, especially the eco-friendly part.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Robin620 

There seems nothing wrong with your listing: it is active, it can be booked and it is in the search system as you can see:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=91180382&map_toggle=true

So maybe there is not much demand for accommodation. Did you have a look at your statistics (amount of views ) ?

Maybe try to promote the listing on Social media (facebook, twitter).

Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Robin620 

We had a serious drop in bookings when the last update came out in May. I have listed on VRBO and had a few guests from them. I have also promoted our Bunkhouse to local hospitals and in our neighborhood to get bookings without ABB. I have found very good repeat guests who are traveling nurses, check your local hospitals and nursing registries. The nurses do often want a long term stay and those we do not take, but you might like to have 6-8 week bookings.

Ted & Chris

Sorry to hear

This is really bad

November all I had was, Weekend Guests

Now, that is Not Booked, either... 

OMG Motel 6  at $79, Charges  More than me 

I have 0 Bookings x 3 weeks now

I do House Pet Sitting that helps, but loss Income of $1700 a Month from AIRBNB

I started at Kohls Thursday for Xmas Help $16 an hour & $20 an Hour on Weekends. 

I'm 60 and Left Corporate World  3 years ago. Started working in 1976.. Life is sooo hard to Survive  I feel for My 28 year old Daughter... 

Future Grim, with 24 Months of things to, Get Worse

Robin Perry
Mary778
Level 2
Prineville, OR

I am having the same issues.  Very frustrating for sure.  With over 300 5 star reviews, it is hard to bail and go to another platform to start over! 

I'm having same issue. I have tried lowering prices offering discounts and still nothing. Air bnb keeps telling me Mt listing has views. I went from 4 or 5 a day to nothing. What's up with algorithms?

Joye10
Level 1
Greensboro, NC

Here in Greensboro, NC

same issue! 7 apartments all empty and rent due!!!! 😭😭😭😭

I also inquired to Airbnb and “everything looks good!”

Sorry to hear

This is really bad

November all I had was, Weekend Guests

Now, that is Not Booked, either... 

OMG Motel 6  at $79, Charges  More than me 

I have 0 Bookings x 3 weeks now

I do House Pet Sitting that helps, but loss Income of $1700 a Month from AIRBNB

I started at Kohls Thursday for Xmas Help $16 an hour & $20 an Hour on Weekends. 

Robin Perry
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Robin620 @Mary778 @Joye10 @Katy364 

It seems like you are not alone in your situation,

Mostly in America is what I see,

I made a post yesterday in some group on FB about this, FB went into a meltdown they blocked me sending messages, It's ok today,

I had to delete the post after 3 hours, OMB, Horrendous

I maybe have a solution for you guys that could help,

Send me a message to my Inbox here on the CC I will send you details, Not allowed to post here.

Lets see who is serious and who is not hahahah