Answered!
David7870
Level 8
Vista, CA

Critique my listing - Dave from Vista, Ca

4A8697BB-1790-4FA2-95DA-00935D156D8A.jpeg

Critique my listing

dave from Vista, Ca

Noticed that bookings slowed way down after August.  Do they pick up again soon? 
Any advice? 

@David7870 @Quincy @Nick @Liv @Stephanie 

#listingcritique

1 Best Answer
Fiza1
Level 3
Charleston, SC

Would love to! Any chance I can get a critique back on mine? Struggling with the photos and wondering if I need to get professional pictures taken 

View Best Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes use the word 'please' and you might get more responses 😁 @David7870 

Where should I say please here or in my listing somewhere? I will gladly say it. 

@Helen3  I would have from the start. I guess I’m a literalist and the author said what to label the post and what to include and what hash tags and who to alert.  I did it all by the book. But of course I would love to say please for every post. I just didn’t want to go against the instructions here:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Community-...

….please please please critique my listing😃

David7870_0-1631857490505.jpeg

New main photo.  I took some more today. I’ll show you all those soon. But what about this one instead of the sunset from your window? 

Fiza1
Level 3
Charleston, SC

Would love to! Any chance I can get a critique back on mine? Struggling with the photos and wondering if I need to get professional pictures taken 

@Fiza1  The photos on your Park Place listing are fine- clear and bright. The Wine Country photo gallery could use some work, but not necessarily requires a professional. I don't think you need close up photos of books or the tapestry wall hanging. The bedroom with the four poster bed really distorts the space- there's no need to try to fit the whole room in one photo- take closer up photos, and take 2 or 3 of each bedroom from different angles so guests can see what's there. The kitchen photo with the fridge up front also distorts the space. I'd ditch that one.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Fiza1 ,

Here's a handy guide you can use to ask for listing critique:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/How-to-ask-for-listing-critique-on-the-Community-...

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hi Fiza1. Do you have a like to yours? 

@David7870  I assume that 0was a typo and you meant to write "link".

You can see any host's listings here by just clicking on their profile photo, which takes you to their community profile, then click on "View profile" there and you'll be on their profile page, which shows their listings, which you can click on.

Great what do you think of my edits( my listing) ? 

Gorgeous! Did you use a professional photographer @Fiza1 ?

Fiza1
Level 3
Charleston, SC

Here's my thoughts: switch out the main photo for something from the actual unit. I'd recommend maybe re-doing photo #7- highlight the views from the bedroom but show it with just one bed. It's very romantic and definitely your differentiator. 

Be strategic and perhaps use less pictures so each one is more impactful. Thanks and good luck!!

Thank you!!!😃

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@David7870  I really like most of your photos. I love the way you got the sun streaming through the blinds onto the bed. That's very cool.

But I agree with Fiza- don't use the sunset photo for your lead. Everyone knows what a sunset looks like- no need to even have a photo of it, just like guests don't need to see a photo of the Eiffel Tower just because they're booking a place in Paris. They know the Eiffel Tower is in Paris, that's not what they're booking.

And more photos isn't necessarily better. I'd eliminate the close ups of the knicknacks and wall art. Guests don't care about that stuff and they aren't going to book because they like a picture on the wall- they want to see where they're going to sleep, bathe, cook, eat, and relax. And there are too many photos of dogs.

But otherwise, the space is lovely and the photos are good.