Critique my listing

Linn118
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Critique my listing

Hi, I have been hosting for two months, and I am really enjoying it and hope I can continue. However, I have hardly any bookings in September and the following months, am I doing something wrong, or should I just be patient? Any tips, advice, critique would be highly appreciated. 

Best, Linn.

20 Replies 20

As i can't take new pictures yet since I currently have s guest, I tried to put more light on the pictures. Did that make it better or worse? Tried adding some words too...

@Linn118  it's a bit better but they look quite amateur. I'm glad you changed the hero image. 
when you go back shoot in horizontal format, and don't shoot towards the natural light, stand in the spot where the natural light is coming from and shoot the room from that angle (if appropriate), the lighting will look so much better. 

Thank you again, I will follow your advice when my next guest leaves this weekend. I have no knowledge of photos, so your tips are very helpful and appreciated. Your listings looks beautiful!!! I will try first with your tips, and if it doesn't help, I have to find some prices for profesional ones and see if I have the budget. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

Is ABB translating this? that explains why some of the text is a bit strange. the word "private" is used a lot
"Here you can stay private and private with everything you need for a nice stay in Oslo."

"Heating cables in all floors." perhaps change this to: enjoy underfloor heating throughout the studio. 

your photos are not great, verticals taken on a phone, the hero image is a weird angle and looks a little bland. Did you take them all at night? overhead lighting and lamp light really doesn't make for good photos. Also be sure to add captions to your photos as all the words in your listing are read by the AI robots. 

Overall your place looks very tidy and being new is a real bonus, which you've highlighted well. 
I see you have ski in/ski out, is there somewhere to store ski equipment outside that is safe? or somewhere to have ski gear inside that is waterproof?

Thank you for very helpful feedback! I will definitely write in my own English, not perfect, but maybe better than the automatic translation it seems...(?) I had no idea it was translated so poorly. I might not even need to have it in Norwegian, since I don't get reservations from Norwegians anyway, so far at least. 

I understand what you guys are saying regarding my photos. Thank you for pointing it out plus providing tips. The apartment is a bit dark since it is in the basement, so it is not ideal when it comes to daylight. I actually did take pictures at daytime, but I can see that doesn't show. Unfortunately it will never look very light because of being in the basement, but there must be a way to improve the pictures, but at the same time show reality so that the guests don't get disappointed. Do you think I should get professional pictures taken?

Good idea with the storage for skiing, I will put that in. 

I have currently a guest, but when he leaves I will get some new pictures taken. 

@Linn118  you might need professional pics because it sounds like you're going to need a tripod and a better camera, if the natural lighting is terrible. That's up to you and how far your budget goes.  I do agree it's best not to have super polished "fake" interior photos, better to have the guests say "wow, it's so much better than the photos". I'm actually a photographer but most of my pics are pretty basic (interiors are not my thing either!), but I do at least have a great camera/lens, tripod and knowledge of lighting, so that helps.