How much do you charge a montly guest?

Answered!

How much do you charge a montly guest?

Clara I have a question. Hope this is the place to ask?   I'm very new to hosting and there are large discrepancies on how much is charged in my area. How can I get a realistic idea. It's a very large home with all the amenities Two King beds, Two Twin Beds and Two Queen Beds. Almost 5000 square feet with a separate Casita. South side of Las Vegas guard gated community.  I'm not even sure its a good fit for the service.

5 Replies 5
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Rafael-J3 

I just did a stab in the dark, to be honest. I set a 10% weekly discount and a 15% monthly discount. I know some hosts discount up to 40% for a monthly stay, but I've never quite understood that.

The only reason that I can see for doing that is if you have a slim chance of filling up the calendar with short stays. So, for example, if the location is seasonal and you only get short term travellers certain months of the year, you could offer a heftier discount for the other months rather than leave the listing empty. Or, if you only get a scattering of bookings, a long term stay seems more attractive and worth discounting heavily.

Thank you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You do need to do some research on various listing platforms and see what hosts with comparable listings are charging in your area and what monthly discounts other hosts offer - obviously pricing will vary throughout the year @Rafael-J3 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Rafael-J3  also, be sure to really vett these month-long guests; new hosts are targetted by scammers. If you've not hosted a single guest yet, do not accept a month long stay. 

Yes thank you.. How do I check them out? Call the referrals? does AirBnB do anything to vett them?  Who charges the fees and is IN charge of collections? Thank you for the headsup, I never would have doubted anything. Any other suggestions or comments?