10 day payout timing on longer stays?

Answered!
Kit29
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

10 day payout timing on longer stays?

I have just spoken with airbnb after failing to receive payment within 3-5 working days. They have confirmed that 10 days this is normal for guests staying over 30 days.

Is this the experience of other hosts? It seems ridiculous to hold on to payment or to take this long to process payment.

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Kit29,

No, this is not normal, and it sounds like another example of a CS rep making/mixing up information.  New hosts may experience a delay with their first long-term stay payout, but doesn't apply to experienced hosts.  Payouts for multiple stays that occurred within a short period may receive one combined payout, or a host may request that payout are made after a minimum amount has been made.

We regularly host long-term stays, and payment is sent 24-48 days after check in, and then every 30 days.  Airbnb attempts to collect payment from guests approximately 10 days before their next  stay period begins.  If there is a problem with payment, ABB notifies the hosts and informs them that if the payment hasn't been made 24 hours prior to the end of the paid reservation period the host can cancel the remainder of the reservation without penalty.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kit29 I've never heard of this. What should happen with longer stays is that the first 30days is remitted as normal. After 2 weeks the guest is then charged for the next 30 days and this is then remitted to the host at the start of the next 30 day period.

I would be very worried that the guest hasn't paid and Airbnb just hasn't realised yet!

Airbnb is not really suitable for long stays as there is no contract or deposit to fall back on if (when) things go wrong.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Kit29,

No, this is not normal, and it sounds like another example of a CS rep making/mixing up information.  New hosts may experience a delay with their first long-term stay payout, but doesn't apply to experienced hosts.  Payouts for multiple stays that occurred within a short period may receive one combined payout, or a host may request that payout are made after a minimum amount has been made.

We regularly host long-term stays, and payment is sent 24-48 days after check in, and then every 30 days.  Airbnb attempts to collect payment from guests approximately 10 days before their next  stay period begins.  If there is a problem with payment, ABB notifies the hosts and informs them that if the payment hasn't been made 24 hours prior to the end of the paid reservation period the host can cancel the remainder of the reservation without penalty.

No, it should be paid within 24 hours after check in. The problem is that their CS does not handle payouts and usually they dont know the reason of payouts delay. My payouts are on hold, its been a month and CS does not know the reason, they told me to wait, that I will get paid sometime in the future.