Airbnb Plus update disaster

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Airbnb Plus update disaster

Hi, this is for people lucky enough to have slipped into the Plus programme before new entries were terminated 3 years ago. We all got an email promising exciting new options and stuff but all it's done is lump together in the property description everything you've ever written over the years, taking it well over the (unchanged) character limit, then repeating it all for good measure. How exactly is this an improvement? Where is the description of what Plus means promised in the email? How have they made Plus listings stand out more? They don't.

Why doesn't Airbnb leave things as they are and stop making so-called improvements, that are inevitably a disaster?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bob40 are you able to leave Airbnb Plus?

@Mike-And-Jane0   Yes, I think there's a button for it. But I'm perfectly happy with it. I just need it to be as it was last week.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

The Airbnb Plus was bound to go 'with the way of the wind' sooner or later because what constituted a Plus listing was hard to quantify and be differentiated from non-Plus listings. No wonder many left the program before Covid arrived which mercilessly put the final nail on that coffin; allowing whomever came up with this doozy of an idea to save face. 🙂

Bob40
Level 10
Montevarchi, Italy

Update: the exciting changes have been put back to February 8.

We shall see.