Airbnb preventing booking

Lezlee0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

Airbnb preventing booking

Has anyone had guests having trouble booking and receiving this message:

“Airbnb prevents reservations for entire homes when pattern factors (like location or reservation time) suggest that a booking may be unsafe”

“This restriction is not related to the coronavirus”

“Please try a private room or hotel room instead”

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lezlee0  It's a computer generated message sent to under-25 year olds trying to book an entire home. Part of the "party house" prevention measures.

David-And-Cristina0
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

Haven’t seen this yet. I’m not sure you can see what the guest age is. Like Sarah was saying I’m curious if that’s the reason for the message. Was it for a one night stay? 

@David-And-Cristina0 It was for a two-night stay and both the guest trying to book and her friends that also tried were under 25 years old.   The mother was able to book without a problem. 

Skye19
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Yes!!  Just now.  I don’t know guest’s age (could be under 25) but they have never blocked young guests before.  (And I have had a few bad young ones, so I get it).    

Skye19
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

I have been on hold for 19 minutes now.  Will report back if I find out what the deal is.

@Skye19 let me know too!  I just got that as well. I wasn't sure if it's because I opted out of the COVID-19 setting since it was blocking 3 days on existing reservations.

Lezlee0
Level 3
Salt Lake City, UT

@Sarah977 was correct which is very frustrating they would do that when I’m in desperate need of bookings.  The guest and her friend tried booking for 20 hours.  They had their mom try and it worked.  It’s a sly policy that is placed on random properties.   My guest in the upstairs unit has the same problem.  He was trying to book for nearby access while his wife had brain surgery and the calendar was greyed out for no reason other than I had cancelled a booking 3 blocks into the future (Penalty free within the covid19policy) of a guest who refused to cancel although she had stated she wasn’t coming but was oddly offended.  I had posted about this previously.   I think that’s why it greyed out my calendars even though they had cleared it penalty free then oddly blocked it on days not associated with that cancellation.