Alternative Accomadation Agency

Alternative Accomadation Agency

Hi Guys

Has anyone heard of the above agency? They have contacted me and want to rent my house for 42days for a family who's house has been flooded.

Not sure if it is real or not

cheers

Andy

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

This is a global community @Andy3297  so we won't necessarily be aware of local companies in your location.;

When you Google the company name did they have a website? Did they seem legitimate?

Just remind them Airbnb doesn't accept third party bookings and if they want you to accept the booking, they can need to register on Airbnb as a business and make the booking under Airbnb at Work which allows companies to book on behalf of employees etc.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Andy3297,

Since you have a new listing I'd advise you not to take long-term listings until you've gotten more hosting experience on Airbnb.  Also, new hosts are often targets of scammers and the prospect of a long stay is a common ploy.  If the agency is legitimate then they should be willing to follow proper channels to book your property.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Andy3297 

Here I am sitting in Thailand and it doesn't take much to find out if this company is legit or not

My guess it's your company do you work for them?, Nice try

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What a rude comment @Sudsrung0  if you had checked @Andy3297  profile you would see he is new host.

@Helen3 

That means nothing

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It certainly doesn't mean you can assume he is a spammer .