Can you tell me how to duplicate a listing?

Teresa317
Level 2
Klamath Falls, OR

I read on the community page that you go in to your listing page and at the far right click the 3 dots but I do not have the option to duplicate there.

Please tell me how to do this.

Thank you,

Teresa

16 Replies 16
Darran6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Warning to anyone using this 'duplicate listing' functionality. It's very buggy, and of course those bugs invariably benefit the guest, and as a result Airbnb. The cleaning fee is not copied, an error I had to wear for several bookings before I realised. More costly is the new bug that resets your cancellation policy to fully flexible. Again, I only noticed this after a booking had been made. Everything in my gut told me to cancel the booking, but Airbnb make this impossible if you want to retain Suoerhost. Of course 30 hours prior to check in the guest cancelled. They were a 12 hour flight away, and their reassurances that they were coming were clearly hollow. To add insult to injury I had to turn down a return customer who wanted to stay for 2 weeks partially blocked by this fully flexible booking error. I've lost thousands of revenue. 

Why do I have more than one listing? It's the only way I can reliably manage varying lengths of minimum stay requirements to fill different vacancy gaps appropriately. Yes there is the ability to set season requirements. However this fails if you get a cancellation either side, as I've also learnt to my cost, now having a prime ultra high demand night that cannot be booked as it's sandwiched between other bookings. 

This should all be basic functionality offered to hosts. If you believe the fact that my cancellation policy was changed to flexible instead of being changed to Strict was a coincidence, then I have some beans to sell you. 

Darran, Thank you so much for the warning. So sorry you had to learn the hard way but am very grateful you are helping others to not fall into the issues.