Can you tell me how to duplicate a listing?

Teresa317
Level 2
Klamath Falls, OR

I read on the community page that you go in to your listing page and at the far right click the 3 dots but I do not have the option to duplicate there.

Please tell me how to do this.

Thank you,

Teresa

15 Replies 15
Darran6
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Warning to anyone using this 'duplicate listing' functionality. It's very buggy, and of course those bugs invariably benefit the guest, and as a result Airbnb. The cleaning fee is not copied, an error I had to wear for several bookings before I realised. More costly is the new bug that resets your cancellation policy to fully flexible. Again, I only noticed this after a booking had been made. Everything in my gut told me to cancel the booking, but Airbnb make this impossible if you want to retain Suoerhost. Of course 30 hours prior to check in the guest cancelled. They were a 12 hour flight away, and their reassurances that they were coming were clearly hollow. To add insult to injury I had to turn down a return customer who wanted to stay for 2 weeks partially blocked by this fully flexible booking error. I've lost thousands of revenue. 

Why do I have more than one listing? It's the only way I can reliably manage varying lengths of minimum stay requirements to fill different vacancy gaps appropriately. Yes there is the ability to set season requirements. However this fails if you get a cancellation either side, as I've also learnt to my cost, now having a prime ultra high demand night that cannot be booked as it's sandwiched between other bookings. 

This should all be basic functionality offered to hosts. If you believe the fact that my cancellation policy was changed to flexible instead of being changed to Strict was a coincidence, then I have some beans to sell you. 

Darran, Thank you so much for the warning. So sorry you had to learn the hard way but am very grateful you are helping others to not fall into the issues.

Witsanu0
Level 2
Karon, Thailand

Great Gi-Angelo!!! Thank you for the tips saving me time!

I sometimes see the option to duplicate an existing listing after I click "Create new listing"on my laptop, sometimes I don't. And I do not see the option under the 3 dots. (Unless we are not seeing the same 3 dots.)

But if you log in to the Airbnb app on your phone, and click create listing, it will always give you the option to duplicate a listing.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 5.07.41 PM.png

Gi-Angelo, Thank you!! This was very helpful as I don't have the 3-dots others have. But, I was able to duplicate it through the app on my phone.

Teresa317
Level 2
Klamath Falls, OR

Login to Airbnb - go to https://www.airbnb.com/rooms

Make sure your browser window is maximized and you should see a gear wheel to the far right. Below that gear wheel is the 3 dots.

If you want to message me directly - I can send you screenshots. Don't have time to upload them online today - sorry!

But I use this tool all the time so I know it is an option.

Best of luck!

Erica298
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

I don't see the dots on my multi-calendar page, either, so I called airbnb customer support and the rep insisted it's not possible to duplicate a listing.  I've had so, so many instances of airbnb customer service representatives not knowing what they're talking about (like I know more than they do) that I asked to speak to a supervisor.  Waiting for a call back...

Nino104
Level 1
Tbilisi, Georgia

Hi , I am trying to understand what does the duplicate option mean? :)) Thank you 

Erica298
Level 2
Bellingham, WA

Duplicating a listing makes it easier to create additional listings which will have most of the same information.

Jacquelyn16
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Where do you find the "edit all listings" page? I need to create duplicate rooms as well.

@Jacquelyn16 you might need to turn on the advanced host tools to see the multi-calendar (which is where the "Edit all Listing" page is).

I think you can turn it on here, or at least ask customer support to turn it on:

https://www.airbnb.com/host/professional

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Teresa317, Airbnb does not offer the option to duplicate a listing, but tell me more.  Why do you want to duplicate a listing?  Perhaps there is another way to get you to what you want to accomplish.  Let me know!

Paola367
Level 2
Magdalena del Mar, PE

yes, it has, it is where Teresa says.

Teresa317
Level 2
Klamath Falls, OR

I messaged Airbnb Support and they fixed it on my edit all listings page. 

On that page - to the far right is the settings icon and below that on each listing - are 3 dots. Click that and you should see the duplicate listing options.

This tool was recently released this Fall but for some reason - missing off my edit all listings page.

So if you do not see it as an option when you click on the 3 dots - message Airbnb Support to have it added back on. 

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Teresa

Obad0
Level 2
Cyberjaya, Malaysia

Thank you for this information. it was helpful. 

Explore Resource Center articles

Making your home ready for guests
Tips from Airbnb plus hosts: How to add thoughtful touches
Supporting guests during their stay