Categories Sri Lanka

Jenny1648
Level 2
Singapore

Categories Sri Lanka

How do we ensure our listing appears when one searches on the various categories - eg our villa has been renovated with an absolute emphasis upon design - but only 2 villas appear in the designer category in Sri Lanka.

A second issue is if you do a search on South East Asia a 'Luxe' and a 'design' category appears, but if I do a search on Sri Lanka it does not - and there is a series of strange categories that do not pertain to travel in SL eg A-frames.  There are a lot of gorgeous designer luxury villas in Sri Lanka.

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't Airbnb decides @Jenny1648 

Thanks Helen - can I ask what did you do to get to level 10.  We also have a problem with strange people sending spam or scam requests to us so there are difficulties pre approving and even answering them.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Level 10 just means I post a lot on here 😁😁😁😁

why respond to a scammers  - just report them to Airbnb.,

Do you know what criteria they use to decide? Particularly for arbitrary things like "design".  AI analysis of photos? Key words in  descriptions? 

Hi no I don't - but it seems not well done at all?  Who is to say what is good design or not (though I dont think it is that hard?)

We tried to do their premium listing and a guy arrived unexpectedly and took appalling photos - eg the toilet with the seat up and unmade beds and Airbnb said if we were to use the service we would have to use these photos (when ours are professionally done) and we had to reject them. Maybe they are more together nowadays? But looking at the categories for Sri Lanka there has been no thought put in?