Cleaning

Answered!

Cleaning

What do you charge for cleaning a 3 bed 2 bath home? The maid I hired today charged me 150$ and all the beds were already clean and made up.  She just had to dust, sweep and mop the floors. I only accounted for 100$ in my listing. Should I change it or find another maid?

1 Best Answer

My listing is in San Francisco, a very expensive city to live. I find that some goodwill to my service folks goes a long way towards receiving good service. I have a 2bedroom 2 bath. I strip the beds and gather towels and spray any stains and start the first washload myself.  My cleaner arrives with 1 or two helpers and continues more washloads while she remakes up to three beds, cleans and polishes all bath fixtures and glass showers, dust all rooms, vacuums and sweeps and washes all hardwood. Empties dishwasher and puts all away, empties fridge and wipes it down inside and out and all counters, sinks, stove and backsplashes and takes out trash and recycles. This takes about three hours. So I studied other listings and $100 looks comparable with other  listings BUT  I do pay $150 so adding $50 from my earnings which I can expense. I feel like it is Totally worth it and my cleaner is very reliable and responsive to my irregular and sometimes tight schedule. So for what its worth, that’s mtcw. 

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Debra597,

I have a few questions to ask so I can have a better understanding of the situation, and provide an insightful answer.  Did the cleaner charge you $150 USD or BBD?  Was the cleaner supposed to only do a light dusting and spruce up after the place had been empty for an extended period?  Or, did the clean come after a guest checked out?  If so, then she should have washed all of the linen and made the beds regardless if they looked like they were clean and unused, and the bathrooms and kitchen (including all dishes, glasses, flatware, utensils, pots & pans, etc.) should have been cleaned also.

I think that $300 BBD is a pretty high rate for a cleaner in Barbados, because that's $40 BBD per hour for a 7.5 hour work day (it should take at least a full day to properly your house).  Also, I am going to assume that you are providing all of the cleaning supplies and equipment.  Over here in St. Lucia, a cleaner makes about $120 XCD/ECD per day, but we usually do our cleaning.  In Atlanta, we pay our cleaner $20 USD per hour.

Hi. I had my daughter and her husband stay in the clean house for 5 days. They used one bed and one bath. I washed the bed and made it up myself after they left. That was in late November. I run the Irobot for the floors weekly. The house needed dusting and the floors mopped and swept. I was surprised when the maid said 150$ this time because it was so much work. I mentioned but you didn't even have to wash bed linens or make the beds up. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Debra597,

When it comes to having freshening up done I've learned that I must tell the cleaner exactly what needs to be done and how much I will pay.  Since this type of cleaning is done just prior to the guest's arrival, if we are offsite during the cleaning we pay her after the guest checks in and we receive the payout notification from Airbnb.  

Thank you. I will have to be more exact as to what I need and want to be done beforehand. Thanks for the help. 

I missed a few of your questions. 150$ USD and she was to do dusting and mop and sweep. 

My listing is in San Francisco, a very expensive city to live. I find that some goodwill to my service folks goes a long way towards receiving good service. I have a 2bedroom 2 bath. I strip the beds and gather towels and spray any stains and start the first washload myself.  My cleaner arrives with 1 or two helpers and continues more washloads while she remakes up to three beds, cleans and polishes all bath fixtures and glass showers, dust all rooms, vacuums and sweeps and washes all hardwood. Empties dishwasher and puts all away, empties fridge and wipes it down inside and out and all counters, sinks, stove and backsplashes and takes out trash and recycles. This takes about three hours. So I studied other listings and $100 looks comparable with other  listings BUT  I do pay $150 so adding $50 from my earnings which I can expense. I feel like it is Totally worth it and my cleaner is very reliable and responsive to my irregular and sometimes tight schedule. So for what its worth, that’s mtcw. 

Hello! I’m a full time bnb cleaner and I can tell you $150 is way too much ! This clean would be $100 or lower especially is linens and laundry were  were taken care of ! This is what takes most time ! **

**[Personal advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's ridiculous for you to claim the cleaning fee is too much  when you don't know what work was involved @Amara910 

this is a community for hosts and guests and it's against the terms of this community for commercial services like yours to try and use it to your for business . 

Where are you located ? Do you work in Mount vernon ? 

Will be happy to discuss future work for you if you available  @Amara910