Creating a custom booking window

Anita1127
Level 1
United Kingdom

Creating a custom booking window

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a "booking window" at the end of a guests stay? 

As an example:

James is staying with me for 8 weeks and he checks out on the 10th January.

I want to allow anyone to book for a period of time but they right now I only want them to have a small booking window of say 7 days from the 10th January.

Thus the window for them to book would only be between the 10th and 17th Jan but they'll be able to book for however long into the future they wish to book for!

Hope this makes sense.

Best,

Tom

5 Replies 5
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Anita1127   If you don’t intend to accept a booking request before a certain date, snooze your listing until you are ready.  You are limiting your exposure, which may mean that no one will look or book during your window.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lorna170 

I didn't read this as @Anita1127 /Tom not wanting anyone to book before a certain date, so I don't know what the purpose would be in snoozing her listing and getting no bookings at all.

In the example she/he has given, she already has a booking for the listing until 10th January. What it sounds like she wants to do is prevent a long gap between bookings, i.e. she wants the next booking to start in the week after James checks out, but the new guest can stay however long they like.

@Anita1127 /Tom, if I have understood correctly what you wish to do, the only way that I can think of is to have the dates on your calendar unblocked, i.e. open for booking, but at the same time, apply rule sets so that you do not allow check in on any days within your maximum booking window after the 17th. Once you get a booking commencing that week, you can go back into the calendar and remover or adjust the rule sets. I hope that makes sense?

Otherwise, @Emiel1 is usually good at answering these types of questions.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Anita1127 I think @Huma0 has the correct solution. Switch on pro tools from your account and then apply ruleset to all the  days in the months post Jan 17th that stops check in on all seven days of the week.

Hi,

Yes, makes sense (and would work!) but when I try it is says I have to have at least one day a week available for check-in 😞 This would mean that people could book any day during the window (which is what I want) but then they can book on the one day a week outside of this window (what I want to avoid). 

I'm a little stumped by it. I wonder if there is another way?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anita1127 

Mmm, I am not sure about that as I have never seen it before. I have often blocked dates for check in as I travel quite frequently for work, but I guess those are short trips, so I've never needed to block check ins for an extended length of time.