Guests Never Find Wifi Password

Danielle5
Level 2
New Jersey, US

Guests Never Find Wifi Password

I'm not sure if it's just my luck but 90% of my guests always ask for the WiFi password. When I was a guest (I don't do it often) I found the password in the details button above where you chat with people. Is it still this way? I'm shocked by the amount of people who without fail always ask me and I'm wondering if it is that hard to find.

Am I the only one? Sure I can write it and place is in my listing but I thought the point of adding it to the reservation was for that purpose.

5 Replies 5
Ashley678
Level 7
Apache Junction, AZ

put it in your guest rule manual:) 

Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

Hey @Danielle5 

We have the wifi details in the reservation on the website and app, in the printed guidebook, in the notebook in the hall and also on the front of the fridge... yet we still get the occasional message asking what is the wifi password haha!!  Some people have the attention span of a gnat 🙂 

Adam 

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Danielle5 This doesn't directly answer your question, just a suggestion I find works extremely well.... the only  place I put mine is in the printed house manual/welcome book that sits on the kitchen counter. It's the last item on the page, so guests have to read the whole page to find it. That way, I can be the most reasonably certain they know the house policies, and all questions are answered in the manual. I rarely get any questions at all, and only one guest revealed they didn't read the manual, by messaging me for the password. The essential part of this is that I tell them in my pre check in communications that that's where they'll find it. Easy peasy for guests, and  makes my life easier, that's for sure.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Danielle5 

I don't put my wifi username and password anywhere on the Airbnb website or app, the placement is horrible. I will be a guest tomorrow and it took me a long time to locate it. I have a framed picture which I leave on the kitchen table which holds the password. Only two guests out of over 450 didn't see it and had to ask. It is similar to this:

il_794xN.1762054820_p79u.jpg

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Danielle5  Like Emília I have the password printed and framed in each of the bedrooms as well as the kitchen. When I've stayed as a guest and had to search for the password I get frustrated quickly.