Help needed!! Guests wants to extend her reservation, but with a smaller party

Answered!
Stewart90
Level 2
Austin, TX

Help needed!! Guests wants to extend her reservation, but with a smaller party

I'll try to explain this clearly. I have a group of 8 that have been staying at my place all week. I charge $50/guest after 6 guests. So a group of 8 would obviously be paying more per day than a group of 6 or less.

The person who booked my place for the week would like to stay an additional day with just 3 other members of her group. So she requested a 1 day extension with just 4 total members rather than the original 8 who have been their all week. When I received the request, the airbnb system thinks she is asking for a 1 day extension but with just 4 members for the ENTIRE week rather than just the extra day. 

So how can I allow her to stay an extra day at a lower rate (due to the group being smaller) without the airbnb system thinking she is asking for an extra AND saying she has had just 4 people all week thus she overpaid and needs some money refunded.

Thanks in advance!

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stewart90 

As a host you can create an extension request ("change" option) on the reservation.

You can not change the amount of guests on a current reservation.

But you can change the calculated price in the Price-Field on the change form to what you consider is the right deal for the total stay.

The alternative is to let the guest make a new reservation for 1 night for 4 guests.

You can change the price manually in the calender for this date  (if neccesary)

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Stewart90 

As a host you can create an extension request ("change" option) on the reservation.

You can not change the amount of guests on a current reservation.

But you can change the calculated price in the Price-Field on the change form to what you consider is the right deal for the total stay.

The alternative is to let the guest make a new reservation for 1 night for 4 guests.

You can change the price manually in the calender for this date  (if neccesary)

Ok got it. I did the first option instructed. Thank you!

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Simple. Charge her the base price for 3 days and because is not beyond 6, it will be only Base Price x 3 days = 'X'.

I do this via Request/Send money option since their system will get all confused otherwise because originally there were 8 people which made the nightly price Base + 2 Extras. Now only Base price applies.