How can I delete my listing during COVID

Sierra53
Level 2
Oakland, CA

How can I delete my listing during COVID

I need advise as far as deleting my listing. I have reservations until September and will be possibly fined for each cancelation past April 14th. I am not comfortable hosting many different people during COVID 19 and my guests are canceling at the last minute leaving me in a difficult situation. Airbnb has suggested I ask guests to cancel their reservations but then (I am assuming) the guests are still responsible for paying money to airbnb. If I go ahead and cancel 100 guests is Airbnb going to fine me $500-1000? Can Airbnb legally prohibit me from deleting a account during an Extenuating circumstance if I have future guests? Also it does not say it on their website but they have extended the date to June 1st for refunds for guests. why not for hosts too.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Are you familiar with editing your listing status, @Sierra53 ?  Go to Edit listing and under the first listing details at the bottom is listing status.  Change to Snooze.  That will hide your listing without affecting the reservations at this time.  Hope this helps.