How to turn split stay off?

Answered!
Ben4581
Level 7
West Hollywood, CA

How to turn split stay off?

I don't want to book a split stay. I want to book a stay in one place.

There is no option to turn this "feature" off. It is not a feature to me, it is a bug that needs to be removed. If I want to book multiple consecutive stays, i can just do that on my own. This so called "feature" is making the site impossible to properly use and navigate.

I will just stop using airbnb if they don't add the option to turn it off.

1 Best Answer
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Matthias401,

IMO, the split feature doesn't work as it was originally advertised which was to offer guests choices to stay in two disparate spaces within a specific geographical location to get richer experience of the destination.  I've seen recommendations for two spaces that are next door to each other or located in different countries or islands.  For example, St. Lucia and Martinique are just 22 nautical miles apart, and both have a French colonial, but there is not governmental connection nowadays.  Many people think all islands in the Caribbean are part of the same country like the Bahamas or the Philippines, but Martinique is a French overseas territory and has different entry requirements for travelers than St. Lucia (still a member of the British Commonwealth).  Just imagine how guests may feel when they've booked a recommended split holiday, and find that they can't travel to one of the destinations, because they thought they were visiting the same country only to find out that a visa and health travel insurance is required for one location.

View Best Answer in original post

72 Replies 72
Julius121
Level 1
Thailand

It’s still not fixed. 

I am switching to a different platform.

Keisha76
Level 3
Dominican Republic

Agreed. As a host and a guest this feature is AWFUL. Will be switching to another platform if it isn’t fixed by March of 2023.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Keisha76 @Julius121 ,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the feature. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the team. You can also share it directly as well on the Feedback Form in case you wish to elaborate more on this topic.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

This sounds like an annoying situation for many people. Where is the ticket addressing this issue

Morgan586
Level 3
Poughkeepsie, NY

This was the first result on a google search for how to turn split stays off. I don't want a split stay, and getting these results is wasting my time searching and making the process more frustrating. Literally opening VRBO right now because airbnb has no interest in fixing this. I can't believe they've been getting complaints for months and haven't made it possible to toggle off.

Chris17594
Level 3
Vancouver, Canada

What a frigging ridiculous function. Later Airbnb, heading to VRBO now because it's so annoying.

Dylan316
Level 3
Seattle, WA

Beyond ridiculous that it's not possible to disable this "feature".  No one wants to move properties when on vacation.  Just... why would you do this??  

Michael7179
Level 3
Sharpsburg, GA

Count me out AirBnb. After several years I just opened a VRBO account to book my next stay because I'm fed up with split-stays cluttering the search map and wasting my time. Your lack of responsiveness is insulting to your customers.

I agree ...get it off of the map.

Moria27
Level 3
New York, NY

I find the split stay option so annoying. I don't want a split stay and I can't even tell if the places are available for my whole stay. The fact that I can't turn it off makes navigating the site so much more difficult. 

Mark4648
Level 3
Chapel Hill, NC

This is not SOLVED until I can turn it off.  

Split stay is littering my results and it is ridiculous.

Fix this Airbnb!

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Ben4581 I think this feature only turns up if you put in your dates first . Search without your dates in the area where you wish to stay and after finding something you like ,go into their calendar ,which you can see by scrolling down ,and check if the dates you want are available. ... H

Satya44
Level 2
Heidelberg, Germany

It has been months since this issue was created and still no solve. 

Fay333
Level 1
Portland, OR

I find that most Airbnb stays are also on the booking. com site and their search engine does not clutter the search with split options like the Airbnb site does.  I think not able to control this function is bad business for Airbnb.

Benjamin1237
Level 1
Bloomingburg, NY

Airbnb needs to shut this off somehow. I cannot see what I want with all the Split Stays that appear... This a terrible feature be enabled all of the time... May have to look elsewhere for booking our vacation stays.