ID verification no longer in Instant Book

Jennifer2670
Level 4
Winston-Salem, NC

ID verification no longer in Instant Book

Does anyone know what's going on? On the desktop and app it is gone in optional instant book settings. The only thing that is there is good track record. This isn't really a positive thing unless Airbnb is making identification mandatory for everyone. 

8 Replies 8
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jennifer2670 

It's ok on my desktop, the thing I was worrying about is guest who are using airbnb for the first time, the "Good Track Record" they dont have, my last guest had been a member for 3 years but never used it until she booked my listing, IB1.png

It's giving me a tough time uploading image but I'm missing the identity verification on both  app & desktop. I hope it gets fixed before I get another Instant Book.  I take brand new guests but it's through request only,  which helps me figure out if there are red flags or we're not a good fit. 

@Jennifer2670I just checked and my app and desktop are like yours- only Good Track Record now

Same here. What's going on?

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Jennifer2670  I think they are making ID mandatory for everyone. 

@Sudsrung0  mine looks different to yours!

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 2.32.45 pm.png

Weren't changes not getting made in December? If so I'm really concerned with no overlap.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jennifer2670 and all, 

Thank you for all your comments on Instant Book settings! I just wanted to let you know that we've shared more details on those here :

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-updates/Details-on-Airbnb-s-update-to-instant-book-settin...

I hope this helps, and if you have more questions or thoughts on this, please let us know in that discussion!

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jennifer2670 

Same for me!