Insurance

Solè45
Level 1
Lubbock, TX

Insurance

I put our new short term rental on Airbnb . 
I didn't see any form in the beginning to sign up for the Airbnb insurance , does it automatically apply it self ? 

5 Replies 5
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Solè45   You need to read about what the AirBnB insurance is, how it is applied and what it covers; it is not the coverage that you would expect with a homeowner's policy.  IMO, the insurance proffered by AirBnB is a placebo.

https://airbnb.app.box.com/v/hpi-program-summary

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It seems a bit of a stretch to refer to it as insurance but, semantics aside, I'd look wider if you are after real insurance, @Solè45.

See below, and the key word you shouldn't miss.

In the rare event someone gets hurt or their property is damaged during a covered stay at your place, you may be protected with up to $1,000,000 USD primary liability insurance.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Solè45  There is no Airbnb insurance. It's all smoke and mirrors. Claiming for damages is a real pain and you may likely be denied or offered a small fraction of the actual cost of replacement or repair. 

You need your own short term rental insurance.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Solè45 

Airbnb insurance does not exist.  You need to work with your private insurance carrier for coverage.

Search insurance on this site to read and learn more about what you need to learn.

Good luck.

Sean140
Level 5
Prosper, TX

@Solè45 You will need homeowners insurance that allows for short term rental use.  There are not many carriers that allow for this.  Fortunately I have multiple carriers in all states who will allow this.  Contact me if you would like to review your needs.  708-361-9430