Is your listing equipped with WiFi?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Is your listing equipped with WiFi?

Jenny_0-1673281546422.jpeg

Hi everyone!

The internet has become almost indispensable these days. Whether it's finding the address of a good local restaurant, organising an outing, finding answers to questions or just scrolling through social networks, the internet has many uses and is a significant help for many people.

There are people who sometimes prefer to go on holiday far from the hustle and bustle of the city and "disconnect" for a weekend to enjoy some peace and quiet.

As a result, some accommodations do not necessarily need a Wi-Fi connection, and others may not even have the choice of one due to their location!

Do you offer Wi-Fi in your accommodation? Why did you make this decision?

Take care,

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

34 Replies 34

@Debra300  true. I probably fall into that category! We don't watch a lot of TV, but every now and then, on a dreary weather day, we decide it's a TV day and spend the whole day on the couch bingeing on some show.  I get it. 

Jennie181
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

My listing does offer high speed internet at a minimum of 170Mbps even though I have a Gigabit connection.  Having a listing in the city, its quite important to have high speed internet since its been integrated into society.  Just look at the people at the train stations or buses, everyone is viewing their phones.  Without this, your listing will most like receive a bad review unless the guest has purposely decided to go to an area without or limited WiFi.  

we have wifi, and just learned that you can generate a Q-Code and display it for people to connect to your wifi, easy!!

Sinem11
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

In the age of technology, I don't think there is a possibility of not benefiting from an essential service like the internet. If you ask me, it is no different from the fixtures in the house.

Sinem OZBEY
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sinem11,

I do believe that the internet is an invaluable service and tool, but it's presence can bring a lot of stress for many people. 

There are are resorts and vacation rentals on my island that expressly do not offer internet service to attract guests who want to disconnect and focus their time on relaxing and not being tied to a device and all of its trappings.