New airbnb app for Android

Kat99
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

New airbnb app for Android

Hello,
I'm using the Airbnb app on my Android phone. The app hasn't been working last few days saying I need to download the latest version. When i try to download the new version from Play store it says download not possible for my phone because I need Android version 7.0 or newer. My phone has version 7.0 and my partner's has 7.1.2 but still not possible to download. Could you please advise how to bypass it, it's quite annoying as we cant access the app and answer our guests...Thank you. Kat, Queenstown, New Zealand

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Kat99 ,

Thanks for sharing this here. I found a similar query today in the Community Center, and have raised this concern to the technical team for more information around it. I will make sure to get back to you when I receive any updates regarding this matter.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kat99
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

Hi Bhumika,

Thanks a lot for raising the concern about the new app!! Looking forward to some news from IT crew.

Cheers

Kat

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Kat99 ,

Have you updated your Android version from 7 to 8.1? As of now, there seems to be no workaround for the app to function in Android v7 anymore.

We're happy to announce the Month of Celebration!

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines