No show?

Kendall82
Level 1
San Diego, CA

No show?

I have a guest who hasn’t shown for their reservation. We have a ring camera on our front door so I can see guests walk by on the way to our tiny house out back. I haven’t seen anyone come or go. I haven’t received any messages from the guest. The guest has not tried to cancel. It’s 8pm on day two of their reservation and their check out is tomorrow at 11am. I’m hoping they are okay and not hurt or something. I also hope they don’t try to ask for a refund later… has anyone else had something like this happen?

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kendall82 

It sometimes happens a guest never shows up and also is not communicating.

Did you sent a message yourself ?

Refund (if any) is only by cancellation policy, and now it is already to late to cancel.

Or there must be an "extenuating circumstance", but then still strange no message is sent or reservation is not cancelled.

But in the mean time you received your payout already. So just wait....

Best regards,

Emiel

Hi Emiel,

Thank you for your help. Can we assure that the guest cannot leave a review since they did not stay here?

I appreciate your help!

Kendall

Emiel1
Level 10

@Kendall82 

You and the guest are invited to review after check-out, as for the Airbnb system the reservation has been completed normally !

I do not want him

to be able to leave a review though because he never arrived. I will contact support.

@Kendall82 Don't bother contacting support it will likely make matters worse. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Kendall82 

Probably the unresponsive guest will not write a review.

But if a review is written , you can leave a public comment at it, stating the guest never have been there. Or call support about it then.

But for now, as  @Mike-And-Jane0 mentioned, maybe just waiting is the best thing to do.

Ok, yes that makes sense. I wont worry about it unless they write a review.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Kendall82 

Lots of host get a No Show we have had two over the years, nothing you can do about it,

He can leave a review dont worry about it you can leave a public reply to it,

Bes175
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi Kendall,

from own experience and directly from horse's mouth [airbnb rep, of above average or even perfect customer service] he said in reply to an enquiry of mine:

- a guest who did not check-in should not leave feedback.

- however if he/she does [here maybe he meant - technically that is possible]

- the host can call us & we will remove it - because the FEEDBACK of a Guest who did not view or use the place [as a no show or cancelled] is not valid.