No views

Jenny329
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

No views

I usually have lots of views but have had none since 9th Jan - over 3 weeks. Can anyone suggest what might have happened.

During this period I have had 3 people add my place to their wish list. Don't know how they could have done this without viewing the property.

I asked AirBnb for help but they just said everything was fine.

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jenny329 the viewing stats are often wrong as we have had similar situations where people have booked for weeks that have no views. I treat the stats are indicative only as a result.

Thanks Mike and Jane. That's helpful. Still showing no views whatsoever since 9th Jan!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jenny329 

Your calendar is showing you have some bookings, 

To me, your title is not very inspiring I would just skip by that,

Minutes from the shops and cafes, could mean anywhere, 

Thanks.

I am aware that I have bookings showing on my calendar. They fortunately are accurate - they link to my website for my direct bookings

I used 'minutes from shops and cafes' as in my locality that is a unique selling point for my property! !!

However I have now changed to 'cosy, beautiful Rosebud Cottage' 

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Jenny329 

I am having the same issue as you and am wondering if like me you use a Mac?  I got in touch last Saturday with CS and on their end they can see that I had 90 views for a given period they entered but on my end I see a big flat line and zero views😥  

I was told that the problem would be escalated to the tech team but nearly a week later the situation is still the same.  I realise that the number of views are not the holy grail but it does give you a guideline nevertheless especially useful in these uncertain times.

All the best

Joëlle

Jenny329
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Many thanks Joelle. CS - is that computer support?

I must follow this up

Jenny

Hello @Jenny329 

CS is customer service😊 but my problem still hasn't been resolved and as such have no information on any views for my listing or any other stats for that matter albeit those for previous reservations.  

Are you on a Mac by any chance using Safari?

Have a nice Sunday

Joëlle

P.S. not sure why my answer was chosen as "resolved" when the situation is not at all🤔

Jenny329
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Joelle

I am using a Mac with Safari at the moment however I have the same no views problem on my laptop with Chrome and my mobile with Chrome. it's not just the device or browser!

Have a nice Sunday yourself

Jenny

Hello @Jenny329 

You're right it's not just the fact that we use Mac's because I was able to go onto a PC yesterday and the problem remains.

I have a ticket open and my contact at CS said this morning that she would get back to me with any news from the tech team.  No idea how long that will take obviously.  If I get any news I'll be sure to let you know anyway

It might be an idea to try again with Customer Support and say that you know that others have the same problem.  You never know you might get someone who is a bit savvy and who wants to really help you out!!

We live in hope😊

Joëlle

P.S.  Don't forget to put the @ before the name of the person so that they receive a notification that you have replied.  I only saw your message because I went back to this thread today.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joelle43 ,

Thanks for noticing this and raising concern regarding the best answer. I agree with what you say and have removed it from the best answer. 

Please feel free to keep us updated in case you receive any updates from CS regarding this situation.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jenny329 

I have of late become a bit wary RE the accuracy of the views. Mine have been up and down (mostly down) since the Summer Release, but often they don't seem to bear much relation to the amount of interest I am getting.

For example, this past month they have plummeted, which would make sense as I have less availability (current guest extended long stay and I had a direct booking for another long stay) but, the previous month, they were showing really high, yet I didn't have a lot of enquiries, let alone bookings.

I don't know if it's got something to do with me using Mac/Safari, but the Summer and Winter releases do seem to have really messed up the algorithm in many ways.

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Jenny329: I visited your listing (lovely!), twice: First via your profile here. Then via a search in incognito mode for dates in March, in your town. You came up as the first listing on the first page - with no filters on. See tomorrow if you have at least ONE view from today!

@Joelle43: I’ve seen your stylish apartment before, but now did an incognito search for your listing, too. 6 nights in late May. You came up on page 10. You should also have at least ONE view today - otherwise the stats are incorrect. 

I’ve noticed that I now and then have around a week of zero views per day. To be followed by a period of an ok number of views. Then another period of zero. Without me changing anything in my listing. Funny that…

Good morning @Trude0 

Thank you very much for your search of my listing and as of this morning, the stats are still  not working - not just views but how many times my listing has appeared on a search etc.  Impossible to compare to other listings too.

Glad to know that your stats are working at least! Why CS can see my views their end and yet I have no data is frustrating to say the least.  Worked perfectly OK last year but of course that was before the much contested Winter release😫

Joëlle