Start a category for Self-Guided Experiences

Answered!
Snehal4
Level 5
Newport, RI

Start a category for Self-Guided Experiences

We offer self-guided tours (not in-person or online) with 4.7 stars and 1200+ reviews. During COVID and post-COVID, our customers have forced us to be that way. They prefer that we do not sit in their cars. They prefer to do the tours on their own, in their cars, using our self-guided tour app. Airbnb customers love our tours’ “Go at your own pace” feature. @Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi Snehal,

We truly understand and sympathize with your situation. And we sincerely appreciate your dedication and commitment to ensuring your guests have a great time. 

By the response of your guests, it really seems they have enjoyed your Experience thoroughly and are rooting for you! But as mentioned in an earlier thread of yours, Hosts and Co-Hosts must personally lead their guests throughout the entirety of the Experience.

I have made sure to forward your suggestion to the relevant Airbnb teams. It would also be great if you could let them know directly as well via the Feedback Form.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

40 Replies 40
Snehal4
Level 5
Newport, RI

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Darby sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Hi!

Snehal’s Cade’s Cove Self-Guided audio tour was wonderful. Now that times have changed and many things are no longer in person, it means a lot to have great experience options to do with family and friends. This tour was very informative, detailed, and easy to use. Everyone in the car loved it and we learned so much. The tour is extremely affordable as well. Taking this tour away is not sensible. I hope you will reconsider!

Thank you,

Darby, Seth, Ethan, Bairon, and Jordan

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customerJessica sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

This was a terrific well priced activity in the area. We rented a house for a week thru airbnb and was so glad we did this activity. It really was a highlight of our five days in Joshua tree. 

Keep it in the activities. 
Jessica

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Kylee sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Hi there,

I actually like the fact that this is self guided BETTER! I did this before Christmas and was able to go my own pace and do it over a 2 day span. Please deactivate so others can experience!!!

Best,
Kylee

Sent from my iPhone

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Kerry Britton sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Dear Brian - I hear you hold the power to reinstate Snehal’s self guided tour of Kauai. I just took his tour a couple of weeks ago, and I want you to know we found it very helpful in understanding the sites we visited and their cultural significance. The fact that it was self guided was a real plus for us, as it felt safer than an in-person tour group. It was also much more affordable this way.

I hope these facts will help you decide to reinstate the tour. In fact, I’d love to purchase such tours on more of my future destinations.

Sincerely

Kerry Britton

@Bhumika@Catherine-Powell @Airbnb Our customer Anita sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Hi.
I wanted to take a moment to advocate for self guided tours especially this one.
 I have personally used this one as well as others and found this one to be extremely well done and valuable to fill a need for providing specific information on the area at the user/visitors pace and convenience  and provided me the option to see the Grand Canyon as I wanted to but also get amazing knowledge and insights along the way without having to be restricted to time and place of a group or private tour guide.
I have never done an in person tour(and probably never will) since I do not to ever like to have those restrictions to my time and day and experience.

I ask that you reconsider your decision to restrict/remove  self guided tours as I feel like the evolution of technology and experience is moving more in that direction of digital convenience and if Airbnb does not provide it then people will go to other vendors.

Sent from my iPhone

@Bhumika@Catherine-Powell @Airbnb Our customer Isabel Rincon sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Snehal tours were one of our very favorite activities to do while we were out of town, so much so we’ve looked into doing more of these when we visit other places! It’s disappointing to see these were inactivated. Not having someone to meet made the experience less stressful and gave us flexibility to do it on our time without taking away from the experience. I’ve already tried an in person scavenger hunt on air bnb experiences and the host only meets us in the beginning but it was not nearly as fun or flexible, as we were coming in from out of town and were a bit late you could see the people were extremely upset, but the way I viewed everything was that there was no point in them having to be there at all. Especially if it was just to meet with us then let us go and take the day to finish it at our pace. We rushed in our vehicle to meet the host for no reason then. I’d much prefer a driving tour alone, but having the host there just in case we needed any advice, which Senegal made himself available for.

Thanks,
Isabel Rincon

@Bhumika@Catherine-Powell @Airbnb Our customer Daniel sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Hey Brian,

Please reactivate the self guided tours they are an incredible opportunity to meet places. I would recommend this tour to anyone.

Cheers,

Daniel

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Yiting Liang sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Hi Brian,

I purchased Snehal’s self-guided tour through the Airbnb experience and found that was one of the best money spent on my trip to Joshua Tree. It made a tour guide affordable and our trip much more enjoyable. And judging from the sales quantity and reviews of his self guided tours, you’d be making a mistake by suspending him if it’s simply because it isn’t in person. I don’t see it hurting the in-person tours since this is a different experience. Also if it does hurt the in person event, that only says how replaceable those are and that maybe people don’t always prefer hanging out with strangers.

All in all, hope you can reconsider this decision and reactivate this account. Otherwise I’d be purchasing his other self guided tours outside of Airbnb next time. Not a big deal for me but you’d lose your commission 😉

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Jaice Newman sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

I am writing to ask that Self Guided tours be Snehal be considered for reactivating in the Air BnB app. I enjoyed the ease of access for a tour to be played at my choosing while offline thanks to its downloadable content. Helpful for our flexible schedule and for losing internet connection while in nature. It’s a family friendly tour I appreciated it on our drive through the Sequoias and it brought us great info we may not have had time to read or stop at the Nature Center for. Thank you for your consideration!

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Melissa sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

My husband and I had never been to the Smoky Mountains before and didn’t know where to begin to see it’s beauty. Snehal’s self guided tour was just what we needed for the trip. We were able to take the tour at a self pace in the comfort of our car and with just one another. We did not have to go with a group of people which can be too much at tours and take away from really seeing what in front of you and enjoy the experience. I have recommended this self guided tour to family and friends. We have said we would do the tour again too! I hope that it can still be easily found on Airbnb as an option for future trips to the Smoky’s.
Thank you for your time.

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Magdalena sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren!

Ich habe letztes Jahr die Audio-Tour von Snehal und David gebucht und ich war sehr begeistert!
Man ist super flexibel und kann sich die Zeit individuell einteilen, was wir wirklich sehr genossen haben. Die Informationen waren via Lautsprecher waren toll!
Ich hätte diese Tour nicht gefunden, wäre sie nicht auf AirBnB verfügbar, wodurch ich sehr dankbar war & ich hoffe, dass solche Touren auch zukünftig auf AirBnB verfügbar sind! 

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Janet sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Good Morning Brian— writing on behalf of a great experience of a self guided tour last Fall. 
This is a five star effort for experience.  The host was responsive with questions, flexible and put a lot of time and research in for this self guided tour. 

I am an Airbnb superhost in Colorado and if we had these here, I’d recommend them for my guests too!  Great experience. 

Please don’t remove or forfeit access on Airbnb platform.

Thank you for your consideration,

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Nadine Lopez sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

As a woman who enjoys tours, the self guided tour experience was such a beautiful addition to my Joshua Tree air bnb rental. A resource that adjust to the user and gives the space some times needed with Covid-19 and traveling alone.

It made me so sad to hear that your company would have eliminate this resource to your customers.
Please rethink this decision and not only add but expand such offerings

@Catherine-Powell @Bhumika @Airbnb Our customer Marisa Chen sent the following email to Brian requesting for the inclusion of self-guided tours on Airbnb:

Good morning. To whom it may concern,

I am writing to express my enjoyment of Snehal’s self guided tour offered on AirBnB. I participated in this tour and found it immensely enhanced my experience to Joshua Tree National Park.

Although the tour was not in-person, I felt more connected with the history and culture of the place I visited because of this experience- which I know AirBnB values.

I was actually very excited to learn that more self-guided tours were available and planned on purchasing them again for future trips.

I am requesting the reconsideration of removing these tours as I feel they are valuable and enjoyable, and should still be offered through Airbnb.

Thank you for your time.