This is a test listing: Only approved users can view and book it.

Yamini6
Level 2
Coventry, United Kingdom

This is a test listing: Only approved users can view and book it.

I added a new listing a week ago. However I see this message on the top: This is a test listing: Only approved users can view and book it.

I'm wondering how to get it to active status so someone can book it.

25 Replies 25
Kevin-and-Pascale0
Level 2
Deux-Montagnes, Canada

Hi everyone, I manage to figure this out with the help of Rita from customer support. It appears that my listing shows as if it was created from a property management system or a software outside of airbnb that used the API. (like Lodgify or Hostaway)

If it was the case, I would have to contact the support of that third party system/software to publish my listing.

But it wasn't the case. I created my listing directly from Airbnb web site.

So I had to disable all third party affiliated system (I used wheelhouse in the past to dynamically manage my pricing).

To do so :

1. In hosting mode
  2. Click on your round picture in the top right
  3. Click on account
  4. click on "Privacy and sharing"
  5. Select "Services" tab
  6. Remove access to everything there
  7. Go back to account -> Login & security
  8. Logout device from all device in "Device history"
  9. Change your password (Probably not necessary but it's good to do it once in a while)

So after all those steps, my listing wasn't fixe (and it will probably never be) but I have been able to create a new one from scratch and it have been published as soon as I finish the creation of the listing.

I then deleted the one that didn't work and voilà.

I hope it's gonna help some of you guys.

Cheers

Thank you so much!! Were you able to resync afterward?  We utilize hospitable.com and wheelhouse dynamic pricing. 

thankyou so much!!!

my unit no error now 

i did above 1-9

thankyou!!!

@Kevin-and-Pascale0 @Just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this info.   I spoke to 4 different customer service reps and chatted with them 10 times and no one knew the answer.  I lost 3 weeks of bookings, but thanks to you my listing is now up!!!  It was also a Wheelhouse issue.  

im going to try to reconnect it now and hope it works.   
thank you!

Were you able to reconnect wheelhouse? 

Hello

I published a new listing 6 days ago 

the status is PUBLISHED BUT ON TOP OF THE LISTING THERE IS WRITTEN:
"This is a test listing: Only approved users can view and book it." 
AND IT CANNOT BE FOUND FROM GUESTS!

I can see the listing from my account but if you check the URL of the listing as a guest it doesn't exist

I see that other hosts experienced the same problem, how did you fix it?
Airbnb told at first that it could be the management software connected to my account, I disconnected it and published a new listing...NOTHING! Same problem.

Can someone help! Please
Marty246
Level 2
Grapevine, TX

I had this problem also.  I contacted AirBnB support via text and was told that the listing was under review because it had just been created.  I waited a day, but nothing changed. 

I called AirBnB support this time, and the representative who answered was able to eliminate the problem in just a few seconds. 

I would suggest to keep trying AirBnB support until you reach a representative who is familiar with the issue.  It may take a few times.

Good luck to all who encounter this frustration.

AirBnB was virtually useless on this problem.   However, I did find something that worked for me.  After waiting 5 days for a call back, I called AirBnB support.  After about 15 minutes on the phone, the Rep told me that my listing had been created by a third party system.  Or at least that is what HIS system showed him.  I assured him (argued with him actually) that I used the native AirBnB website on a Mac, using Chrome... and my listing was NOT created using some third party system.  Unable to convince him otherwise, I told him that I would create the listing again, replicate the problem, only this time screen record the steps I took in their native interface.  Took all of 5 mins to recreate the problem.  While sitting on hold, waiting to get back to the same Rep that took the call, I decided to check my Account | Privacy & Sharing | Service tab.  Wheelhouse and Community Center were the only two services listed.  I don't use Wheelhouse, but I believe I signed up for an eval 3-4 months ago.  And I have not attempted to create a NEW listing during that period.  I Removed Access from Wheelhouse, went thru the New Listing Creating steps again... and this time... fixed!  No more "This is a Test Listing:...." banner. 

My theory is that their is a bug on AirBnBs side, where they see the Wheelhouse service as the app responsible for creating the listing, and somehow the wrong bit it being flipped and AirBnB thinks Wheelhouse is creating a TEST listing.  AirBnBs APIs probably allow third party developers to create test listings so they can QC their own code.  Given that the third party developers can't replicate the AirBnB site in their own sandbox.  So they get to use the live AirBnB site as a test area.

One other tidbit... it didn't mater if I created the new listing from scratch OR I cloned and existing listing.  Tried it both ways, and if Wheelhouse was listed under services, the listing would end up in test status.  

<update, testing while writing this> Easy Path to Fix - I decided to try to clone one of the listing that was infected with the "This is a Test" banner/status.  As long as I had Removed Access for Wheelhouse, under the services area... the cloned listing was NOT effected with the Test status.  So try, 1) remove Wheel House from Services, 2) Create New Listing using existing Listing, 3) Select the listing that is stuck in "This is a Test", (I selected to keep the photos from the source listing), 4) Complete the new listing creation process.... and would should be good. 

Good luck!

Update 2. Got a really fast reply from WheelHouse, when I alerted them to the issue.  Support Rep John, said it was a known issue on AirBnB's side.  He handed me this links/verbiage to share.  BTW... my interaction with Wheelhouse support was phenomenal!  John was quick, knowledgable, friendly... no waiting on hold.  Whole conversations/chat session took 3 mins! 

https://www.airbnb.com/account-settings/privacy-and-sharing

**[Link removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Thank you for this information Jason! I had the same issue and was able to call Airbnb support and get it resolved right away once I explained this context. 

Alex1401
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

The know issue has reference number 1337019051874.

The AirBnb representative can look this up for a fast resolution.

They will need to confirm that you want all users to see your listing.