What should I do when I get an Access Denied message when trying to review my guest?

Answered!

What should I do when I get an Access Denied message when trying to review my guest?

Hi everyone,

When I went to write a review for my latest guest, I received this message:

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access (it gave the Airbnb Web site, but apparently, it is considered an Error now too)  on this server.

Reference #18.2f223517.1638320414.f0588224

I use Google Chrome.  Is anyone else having this problem?

It appears I can get into the Community Center, but not into my Airbnb area at all.  

Thanks,

Priscilla

1 Best Answer

it is either VPN or firewall 

You can try:

• Clearing your browser cookies and history
  • Turning off VPN and VPN extensions
  • Disabling your proxy
  • Switching to a premium VPN service
  • Resetting your browser data

View Best Answer in original post

14 Replies 14

Probably unrelated, but I [usually, not always] get that error trying to accessing anything on airbnb.com when I am connected to my wifi at home. When I switch to cellular or use an ethernet cable directly from my cable-modem, I don't see the problem.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

I haven't had that problem, but now they ask for a "pin" number when I access my account data. I don't know what the "pin" number is, so it asks security questions which I also don't know the answer to. 

I only need to access this area to obtain a list of payouts for my quarterly tax returns.

It used to be easy, just download the CSV file. Now, I have to open each booking in that period, write it down, calculate it manually...  Pain in butt. 

I'm liking other platforms more and more... 

🥺

I'm having a similar problem, though I am not a host. I want to search for a place to stay and I am getting this message on the main airbnb home page. The only place I can access is this community page.

Access Denied. You don't have permission to access ____ on this server. Reference: XXXXXX

Barkley2
Level 2
New Brunswick, Canada

Whenever I search Airbnb.com main site or Airbnb.ca main sight from my laptop,

I get the following:

You don't have permission to access "http://www.airbnb.ca/" on this server.

Reference #18.143a96b8.1651091531.315f2458

Strangely, I have no issues signing into my Airbnb account from my phone. 

Neither my internet provider or IT person can solve this. I have tried the help line at Airbnb and they were of no help unfortunately.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

With thanks,

Barkley 

Great question. I'm having the same exact issue...following feedback/answers closely.

did you try to reset router to factory settings?

Sandra5051
Level 1
Simi Valley, CA

Same here. I was able to get on a few days ago and now it's the old "access denied" thing.

I can't access it either.  Access denied

Wayne471
Level 1
Waxahachie, TX

FIXED: I was able to access the AirBnB on my cell phone but got the Access Denied Error Page when using my CPU. The problem was that I was using Norton VPN. Once I turned off Norton VPN, all is well. Note: Make sure you are on a Network you trust before turning off Norton VPN.

Alan1487
Level 1
CABA, Argentina

Same here. Doesn't happen if Im behind a VPN, neither on my cellphone. It happens on every computer connected to the router of my house.

Julie-Anne13
Level 1
Lane Cove North, Australia

I'll try it without VPN, thanks.

it is either VPN or firewall 

You can try:

• Clearing your browser cookies and history
  • Turning off VPN and VPN extensions
  • Disabling your proxy
  • Switching to a premium VPN service
  • Resetting your browser data

I replied earlier that I don't see this problem if directly connected to ethernet, but I now see it there too.

However, if I switch to my work's VPN or use cell data, I do not have the problem. This would make me think there are port settings or something not properly configured on my home router, but since it is intermittent (though sometimes lasting several days), I think that rules out port configs.

I am using a TP-Link wifi router: Model No. TL-WR940N

I'm curious if this is being seen on other routers.

Oliver782
Level 1
Karlsruhe, Germany

Same problem here on my Mac in my Home Wifi. Get the access denied error. If I'm using a VPN I do not get this error and can access Airbnb. I do no use any third party firewall and `m behind a Fritz!box router.  Got the same error when I not using my router but my cellphone as a hotspot. My ISP is Vodafone. I think this might be a problem on ISP's side.