With new host benefits announced by CEO the dishonets reviews can be impugned?

Fernando1561
Level 5
Sarasota, FL

With new host benefits announced by CEO the dishonets reviews can be impugned?

I got a bad review because I had to make a claim for aircover, I guess that happens to everyone here, so if you made a claim, Guests gave you a bad review in revenge, even if they said everything is fine and then the review it says all wrong, airbnb says it can't be deleted, is there any news about dishonest reviews? Are they likely to be impugned with the new host benefits announced by CEO Bryan? because I already called Airbnb and the Agent told me that dishonest reviews can't be removed.

9 Replies 9
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Fernando1561 

Thats a good start, Im waiting to see if any host do actually get a review removed.

Obviously the agent you spoke to didnt get the Memo

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

Judging by the posts from other hosts here on the CC about recent failed attempts to get a retaliatory review removed, it doesn't sound like CS in general got the memo...\

I strongly suspect that there is no memo. Otherwise, why has Airbnb not outlined a clear process for this and their definition of what does and doesn't qualify as a retaliatory review??!

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Huma0  and just for some goodwill, have an amnesty and give us all one review removal! to make us believe this latest "upgrade" has a small hope of being real. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gillian166 

I doubt very much that will ever happen. Hosts have been asking for this for years, but Airbnb seems to have always ignored that suggestion.

There was once an indication that they were serious about removing 'outlier' reviews, but that just turned out to be smoke and mirrors. The outcome (don't know if this still exists) was that a guest would get a pop up asking them 'are you sure?" if they left 5* in every category and 1 or 2* overall. I mean really??? How many cases would that apply to?

My guess is that Airbnb does not want a bunch of guests getting irate for having their review removed. If every host could remove one, that would add up to a lot of reviews removed/guests antagonised. 

John6556
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

Total farce!  I got this reply from our illustrious support:

"Violating House Rules by a Guest does not block a review. Of course, both parties are going to have opinions on the stay and that is a part of the experience."

I guess the guest has to burn your house down before anything is taken seriously. 

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

@Fernando1561  I'm thinking the CS team haven't been updated, so for them it's still the same old script. 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hello @Fernando1561 , As replied in another thread of yours and as discussed in our DM, I have already set these multiple feedbacks to the team, and we are trying to address these information gap. Let me get back to you with better information regarding it. 

Thanks,

Bhumika

Can't find what you're looking for? Click here to start a conversation!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Fernando1561 You need to show the review was retaliatory NOT dishonest. Don't mention dishonesty or the review will remain. Can you show the review was written aft you put in your claim?  If you can this may help.

As an update about of the request to impugne a  review that a guest left in retaliation for an aircover claim, airbnb agent said the review   cannot be    impugned, for that to happen:  the bad review must say that is leaving  in retaliation for a claim that you (host) did, in conclusion we will continue having bad reviews(dishonests)  from guests in retaliation(revenge) for the claims made against them.