A confirmed guest asked for our address for US Visa

A confirmed guest asked for our address for US Visa

Hi everyone, we have a guest reaching out for our address to apply for a US temporary Visa. I couldn’t find a similar post. Is this common? I wanted to make sure this is not a scam. 

4 Replies 4
Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

Although you don’t say how long they are staying for, I wouldn’t do it. I don’t allow mail to be delivered either. Establishing residency may make it difficult to kick them out when the time comes.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Caitlan2 As a non-American who is required to get a visa when travelling to the USA I can confirm that one of the requirements when applying is to put the address of the place you are first visiting.

If this is an Airbnb then there is no way, save lying, to get around the INS requirement.

@Basha0 This is very different from a person using the address to apply for citizenship or visa when in the USA.

Thank you for the insight! We wanted to check with the community as we were unsure about sharing our address months before the guests' arrival due to safety reasons. 

@Hui245 I believe the address is shared once the 48 hr cancellation period is over. But I am not sure