ABNB sending emails over the instructions of Hosts

Kristi5
Level 9
Washington, United States

ABNB sending emails over the instructions of Hosts

This practice needs to STOP.

I have been hosting since 2015. I have NEVER forgotten a guest, never forgotten a reservation, never forgotten to email my guests. EVER.

And yet ABNB continues to override Hosts by sending out arbitrary emails, not designed for each individual Host, but just a random email.

I just found out that ABNB also sends out my address to my rental a day BEFORE my guests arrive.

WHATTHEHELL

This is a serious security breach. The safety of the Host needs to be considered here.

I send my welcome emails out the day the guests arrive to avoid any overlapping of guests (and yes! many guests think they can "hang out" before their check in time) but also for my own personal safety. 

AIRBNB .. please allow each Host to create their own personal pre-check in message to be sent out, if you're so intent on micromanaging Hosts.

This procedure needs some major overhauls NOW

Yeah, I'm just a little bit upset by this. 

7 Replies 7
Leatha0
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

I've never heard of this happening. How did you realize this?

Kristi5
Level 9

The upcoming guest texted me, telling me they had received “my” email with phone and address and wanted to know if they could arrive early. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kristi5 I would not be comfortable, as a guest, only receiving the address the day of my stay. Especially true  if I am flying in and may not have got my phone up and running post arrival.

I would want to know the exact location before I booked. I always want to see the exterior of a property and its surroundings before committing to stay.

Kristi5
Level 9

That’s why we post pics of the house and the area. No one “needs” to have the exact address. 

Kristi5
Level 9

I send my check in info via ABNB and I text the guests’  phone.  I have never, in 900+ guests, had one issue with this process. 

Kristi5
Level 9

This has nothing to do with the guest who has booked my apartment. I make it very clear in my listing and description that they will not be receiving an address until the day of check in and since 2015, no one has objected. If the guest doesn't like that procedure, they don't have to book with me.

This post is about the practice of ABNB micromanaging their Hosts and sending out confusing messages to guests who have already received my own personalized information.